I actually like Darrison...!

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Yeah i know the man gets a lot of stick from the masses.

But to be fair I really rate his style! After all he is a very different MC and when ur at a rave woth skibba, shabba etc absent mindedly talking fast bollocks down the mic at u its nice to get Darrison up on stage who actually interacts with the crowd and has charisma, something oh so lacking in the world of dnb!

I would just like to give the mans props! and if i ever put on an event (which maight happen soon!...) I would most def' get Darrison in to vibe the place up!

Anyone who has seen him control the stage at Homelands (or most memorably at Knebworths 2001 Planet V stage) cant deny he really vibes the place up!

I knowm that in this forum (as much as i love it) most peeps are into the darker edge of dnb and probably would prefer no MC at all. but in IMO (and yes i have said this before) DnB is all about partying and dancing ur ass off! When i go out i dont want a load of moody bastards (no offence if u are a moody bastard!) stood around trying to be hard, i want a bouncing club with vibed up people and Mc's all brokin out and ...smiling! This is why I like Darriosn!

ok..!

:slayer:

Last edited:
checkmabadself said:
Yeh I think he is quite good as well, the lyrics he put down over All that Jazz are pure cheddar though :shabba:

yeah but its always a bit tongue in cheek y'know! Its all about having sum fun and not frowning all the time!

he doesnt come across like "bbballalall my lyrics all kill ya, bad boy Mc...blah blah..."

he actually takes note of the music, sings along and generally bibes the place up!

chek out the red mix for a good example!

i,ve been luvin that vocal verions of all that jazz as well! haha!

Yeh man I totally agree I saw him at liquid V at the end and he was doing the wicked witchs war chant from the wicked of OZ over some of the tunes ohhhhh wayyyy oh ohhhh ohh, BOH! :applause:

i must admit im not into mcs at all but if i had to go to a party with the likes of fresh or any other party dnb dj id prefer to hear darrison or fearless than too cool for skool skibba and shabba. Fearless has bought a smile to my face every time i seen him live (but i did here a mix were he was over doing it the other week) and darrison makes me chuckle on the red mix.

Patchie-C said:
i must admit im not into mcs at all but if i had to go to a party with the likes of fresh or any other party dnb dj id prefer to hear darrison or fearless than too cool for skool skibba and shabba. Fearless has bought a smile to my face every time i seen him live (but i did here a mix were he was over doing it the other week) and darrison makes me chuckle on the red mix.

yeah precisley...certain pre-mentiuoned MC's are up there own bottom IMO!

Fearless is wicked too and i've always loved (in a non esxual way of course :gimp: !) Dynamite!

and on the Red mix where he is pretending to be in the Floodlight tune, talking to the bloke in it...that is pure jokes!

mesh said:
that better not be the frog i think it is ...

o_O
Believe me man it fuckin' is. Whats the deal with all the new crazy frog shit. Talk about trying to get blood out of a stone!?
Anywho darrison's ok. a lot of my mates really love the vocal version of all that jazz. I'm more of an instrumental man my self. Whats this about darrison and looney tunes chats as well??

lokki mentioned listening to the red mix..... where is that ? any link ?
I must admit over the years i have swayed away from mc's except for mc conrad. :rslayer:
Too many times now the mic is louder than the music what is that all about ????? :mad:

duncan said:
he can be good, but too often he'll be proper cheesey. All that Jazz makes me cringe and i once heard him do that crazy frog :tut:

ho hum

ok there could be the odd whole in his skills!

lol! :lol_board

crazy_frog.jpg

mc arrison said:
thank man at least sum peope reconise my bro

Darrison is quality man.. original, and professional.. much better than many of the new mc's i see people getting all excited about, just cos they've got a rhyme with "merked" in it.. lol

Back
Top Bottom