HYQXYZ- The Chase

horace111

My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)
A little experiment, I've put a slowed down piece in it.
Hope you like it!

Critics and comments are really appreciated, I am a young unexperienced musician so, everything's welcome :p !

[EDIT] THE SONG IS NOW EDITED AND THE DYING CAT IS GONE ;D
http://soundcloud.com/hyqxyz/the-chase

Btw, anyone an idea for an other alias?

Last edited:
HYQXYZ??
pronounced "hikesez"
man i think u shud change ur name first nobodys gonna remember that.

i was enjoying this before the drop (which i thought was a good build up) but then after that its horrible,
to me its pretty much just a loud, very annoying noise, repeating over and over. the main synth is so loud and sharp.

i think it might work if it was a nice bass sound but its a really loud annoying saw that hurts the ears so its just not nice to listen to you know? try to pick sounds that are nice to listen to.

il let u off as ur 14 and i didnt start til i was 16 so u will probably be better than me in a couple of years!!! hahah

Allright, so this song is really bad :/
I mostly like it when the synth is loud and has a lot of bass ( I'm a big neurofunk fan), but if other people don't, then I'll just have to change the way I produce.

Thanks anyway for the comment :)

im a big neurofunk fan, noisia got me into drum and bass from the start. but ur tune is closer to jump up, theres nothing techy or neuro about it. i didnt think your synth was bassy enough. it was just a really bad sound mate. i was tryin to explain the tune would be good if this was a nice sound, its not a bad tune, but that sound is painful on the ears and i dont know how you cant hear that.

but as i said since ur starting so young after some practice you will have a much more refined better sound. and if you want to know by comparison, your understanding of production and structure is alot more than most at your age, so you have an advantage. im only criticising you to push you in the right direction man! hope you know that. keep at it and posting what you come up with.

Last edited:
I was listening to this thinking "damn, what the hell is Lucid on about? I'm really feelin this tune so far"...then..........BAM! 2:04 This ear piercing, ear drum blistering screech that sounds like a poor defenceless kitten being repeatedly beaten with a big rubber truncheon!!!! OUCH!!!!! I actually think my ears are bleeding!

Before that tho, you was on to a winner, everything up until that screech was sounding pretty tight, even if you simply lowered the volume, and maybe took the screech down an octave it would sound considerably better.

Keep at it tho, you've definately got something there, and seeing as your only 14 too, you got plenty of time to progress.

Also agree on the name change , no one is ever gonna remember that, can you imagine if you played live somewhere, "Who we goin to see tonight?" "uhh........mwhu**#?@tig something or other???"

what these guys said ^ you need to make it so its nice to listen to man, yeh get rid of the screechy sounds - keep at it :)

Damn you guys are right , I played this on non-equalized speakers and the screechy thing is awfull ! ;D I've learned a lesson, and I'll be uploading an other version soon :)

yeh that's the thing with some monitors/speakers... they lie to you. then you hear ur tune on some different speakers and it sounds completely different

You know what this sounds like old tech to me back in late 90s

some of the sounds granted sound like jump up but listen to it the bassline (writing not sound) reminds me of matrix - temperament fucking SICK tune that was

WTF hes 14, you really 14 dude? Gota give the kid some credit if so man, wish i started makign dnb at 14 !!

Keep it up man, work on getting the right kinda sounds in and getting the overall "sound" cleaner with each element having its own space on the eq!

Last edited:
I liked it, agree it could use some work but shit...better then what I was making when I was that young! lol

Bassline is decent, could use more lower end contrast eg high note high note high note LOOOW note. Also might want to try and writing the bassline as a Dotted Note with a little silence at the end of each bar to give it that build up effect. Drum work wasn't bad, could use little less compression? though and more spread/dynamics and a eq boost to like 90ish. I did like the breakdown to 140? though, props :)

The intro was very good. After that it sounded just good-. I like what you were trying to do with the tempo stall down to half time. I reckon the bass should have come dryer here with some trippy/techy stabs and fx. And a little (little) more low end sub throughout.

You really 14?
C'mon man, this is the net. You're probably 57, 4foot 8, 17 stone, incontinent and lonely..... :)

not bad.. screechy thing is an issue my ears hurt..

1:55 - 2:30 .. concentrate on that, and u'll have a mental tune :gun:

The intro was very good. After that it sounded just good-. I like what you were trying to do with the tempo stall down to half time. I reckon the bass should have come dryer here with some trippy/techy stabs and fx. And a little (little) more low end sub throughout.

You really 14?
C'mon man, this is the net. You're probably 57, 4foot 8, 17 stone, incontinent and lonely..... :)

Lol, A 57 years old making drum and bass music ;D
I'm really 14 guys :p

Back
Top Bottom