Hyqxyz - Monster (DNB)

horace111

My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)
It's been a long while since I've made a dnb tune, but while I should've been studying for my maths exam I came up with this and finished it this morning. I'm not too sure about the intro or repetitiveness and I've also tried another way to master my tracks so all feedback is appreciated!

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
very nice!! more variation would be good, mix is a touch muddy, but otherwise really nice, likin! wana hear more from ya!

Sounds solid enough, but there's loads of space for some midrange between the bass snarls. Right now it sounds like there's something left out, maybe just an organ or some high tech-sounding synth, whatever bloats your goat...
The beat change could be a tad more inventive, the main drum beat is repetitive enough as it is, add an extra kick somewhere in the "breakdown" [or would that be slowdown?] to funk shit up a bit.

My two pence...

feeling the vibe mate, keep working at it, like you said yourself a little more variation, and some mids etc could make this very good indeed

Nice man feelin the vibes on this wun I think the bass could use a little moar variation. and your halfstep comes in a little abrupt maybe would wait another measure. The mix down isnt all there but theres Def a banga in tha mix!

Great track. Really like the dark and heavy feel to it - I'd suggest a wailing lead in the background maybe or funky guitar/rhodes stabs etc. But then I think your track is pretty damn good the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom