hyqxyz - invincible

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by horace111, Oct 4, 2010.

1. horace111

horace111 My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)

New dubstep(ish) tune I made. I've Been experimenting a lot the last months on inplementing some acoustic instruments in genres like dubstep and just practicing my overall production skills, so please, leave a comment and tell me what you think!

[I just noticed that soundcloud added a really annoying high pitched noise to the song that isn't there on the version I uploaded ): ]

2. djdevz

djdevz Member

not bad...very chilled out track, its a decent production..
    although i think wen u kick in some more percussion n cymbals at 1:50 its a bit of a jump..maybe add a transition to ease it in.

n maybe ur snare is a lil weak...at first i thought it sounded good because the track is melodic and minimal, but especially when the cymbals kick in, it sounds dwarfed by the other sounds.
    what u producing on? how have u made ur sub bass - it sounds crisp man, very deep bass.

oh n wtf ur 15?! got a good future if u head in the right direction lol

3. horace111

Thanks for your reply!
    I produce on FL studio (I think all the other programs are too complicated) The sub bass is made with 3xOSC a standard synthesizer that comes with it, but I guess you could easily make one with any other synth though.
    It consists of 3 OSC's all set to sine wave and then just pitched down, and I added a control so that it slides from one note to another. It's really simple but it gives the clearest results for me.

4. djdevz

djdevz Member

'keep it simple' couldnt be more true with sub bass..

when u say pitched down, u mean transposed by a certain number of semitones? like -24/-12?
    I use a single sine wave which doesnt achieve the right freqs unless a boost it a lot at around 20hz but then it loses the clean-ness...
    my sub bass is not bad, but i know it could be better...

5. horace111

Yes, I ment that i play the synthesizer 2 octaves lower than it's default octave. I don't change the octave setting on the synth, i just enter it 2 times lower on the pattern editor. I hope that's clear ;D and I also use 2-3 sinewaves instead of one , which are all on the max. Volume

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  6. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

how do u pronounce that name? HIKZEEZ?

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

nice and mellow, but a bit too mellow. it lost my interest

7. horace111

Sadly , since your last post on how to pronounce the name, I haven't come up with a new one ):
    So sorry, Untill I experience the brilliant moment in which I come up with another alias it will be HIKZEEZ! ;D

Thanks for your reply btw!