HYQXYZ - Fracture

Your latest tunes have been real dope man! I really dig what you've been doing lately :) Your bass-sounds sound really full and powerful and well structured. I dont have any criticism for you this time mate, spot on and keep em comming! ;D

This is a really nice track man i would just play around with it a bit more e.g. some subtle variation on main bass theme and drums but i do enjoy the minimal drums a lot so don't go down bongo/high passed shaker/break loops road.. also transitions down to pad/atmospheric stuff could be a bit smoother, the buildup is good but maybe could be more dramatic? Everything is sounding really good but there is some crazy stuff coming out these days i reckon you can push this further!

This is a really nice track man i would just play around with it a bit more e.g. some subtle variation on main bass theme and drums but i do enjoy the minimal drums a lot so don't go down bongo/high passed shaker/break loops road.. also transitions down to pad/atmospheric stuff could be a bit smoother, the buildup is good but maybe could be more dramatic? Everything is sounding really good but there is some crazy stuff coming out these days i reckon you can push this further!
True man, thanks for the feedback :D

Really nice mix. :)

If I may ask: I guess you have a track for subbass and a track for a rather mid-ranged bass with distortion/effects etc. on it. Are they playing the same notes the whole time or is there some variation in it?
I always have trouble getting good bass sounds to be loud enough in the mix without them being too overpowering. However, you seem to be quite good at that. :)

I remember when you very 1st joined us here, and man I gotta say, you've come a hell of a long way in your production! Sounding very pro right now! Those drums are punchy as fuck, and the basslines are immense! Absolutely freakin awesome work mate! If you havnt been signed yet, it's gonna be coming very soon!

Really nice mix. :)

If I may ask: I guess you have a track for subbass and a track for a rather mid-ranged bass with distortion/effects etc. on it. Are they playing the same notes the whole time or is there some variation in it?
I always have trouble getting good bass sounds to be loud enough in the mix without them being too overpowering. However, you seem to be quite good at that. :)
Hey man! really glad you like it, I get what you are saying, and I mostly do this, but in this track I didn't. The trick however is to not go too loud and equalize well.
This bassline was just sent through some distortions, without frequency splitting or resampling, the only thing I did was equalize it a lot, so that the frequencies that became too loud were kept under control.
And of course I made sure that in the mix, my basslines weren't too loud. Seriously though that last part is probably the most important, keep it at a normal level and keep it crisp :D
Good luck!

I remember when you very 1st joined us here, and man I gotta say, you've come a hell of a long way in your production! Sounding very pro right now! Those drums are punchy as fuck, and the basslines are immense! Absolutely freakin awesome work mate! If you havnt been signed yet, it's gonna be coming very soon!

Thanks so much man :) I really appreciate it.
& I got signed! Titans & triangulation are forthcoming on Low Frequency Recordings, Slipstream is forthcoming as a free release together with Horibil's Viaduct on Cyber Crunk Records, and Intrusion might be released on Suspect Device, but that's not certain yet :)

HYQXYZ you are (going to be) huge.

Solid tune mate. Make sure those hats are a bit more clicky/punchy next time for ultimate badassness. But boy is this bass synth sick!!
What DAW are u using, or rather what plugin do you use for your basses if I may ask? ^^

Cheers, good luck in your obvious music carreer ^^

That's heavy mate.. Can't really add to anything that had already been said. Big ups

Sick tune. Nothing to add in terms of criticism.

Are you really only 17? Thats both awesome and depressing at the same time. Look forward to hearing more of your stuff

HYQXYZ you are (going to be) huge.

Solid tune mate. Make sure those hats are a bit more clicky/punchy next time for ultimate badassness. But boy is this bass synth sick!!
What DAW are u using, or rather what plugin do you use for your basses if I may ask? ^^

Cheers, good luck in your obvious music carreer ^^

Thanks man , really appreciate the tips :)
I use FL9 , and massive for my basslines.
This is just a pretty simple bassline but the fatness is added by running it through Ohmicide (I used it for fattening up the bass) and then through CamelPhat (For the nasty distortion). Came out surprisingly well :)

Back
Top Bottom