Hypnotism

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Freek, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

So, my cousin is a proffessional hypnotist, and when i saw his stage show for the first time about 4 years ago i got propa inspired bought loads of books and wanted to learn, however with like most things the books got put on the shelf and i never looked at em again. I randomly found the books in the loft a few weeks ago and have started i guess "studying it". i think the fact that its such a phenonenon and the whole mysticism surrounding it is really appealing.. im currently studying the self hypnosis side of things and my first ever attempt will be to help my self stop smoking.. i jus wanted to see if anyone on here has ever been hypnotised? Maybe as part of a stage show or as a 1on1 session? Anyone amazed by it like me? and do we have any sceptics onboard??? would really like to know about it :) safety

2. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i've seen a mate get hypnotised on stage in benedorm... was lulz wathcing him get a lap dance from a real hefty also hypnotised bird!

however, i do believe certain people are more susceptable to the 'tv hypnotism' and some arent (its been tried on me and it didnt work, i think you have to want it to waork, yagetsme), but there is also like sleep hypnosis and all that other stuff that trained psychologists use... so it cant all be hocum.

anyway, inb4 brool

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

It's actually a really fascinating subject to me.....I'm truly on the fence about the validity of it as I have never been hypnotized myself. I'm 50 / 50 on the belief of it, stage shows I honestly think most are set up, but then again, I've never experienced it myself, so cant really comment.

I'd definately let someone hypnotise me for sure!

EDIT : Richie, where bouts in Benidorm did this happen? I lived out there for 3 1/2 years mang!!!!

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i think i would need deep sleep hypnosis to find that out my man... battered out of my skull 8 years ago!

like i said, the validity of it is 100% as psychologists use it... buuuuut, its that 'when i click my fingers you will act like a chicken' shit that i think is more to do with the suggestability (gullabulness) of the participant

5. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

100% correct richie. If there's one thing i've learned so far is that you cannot under any circumstances hypnotise someone who doesnt nessesarily want to be hynotised. Even if u think you do, your brain might be cautious of the situation and in essense creates the feeling that you do not want to do it without u actually realising it. Its soo interesting to learn about. And i can guarentee that the stage shows are not "fixed/staged" ive seen my cousin walk into a random pub, shout out who wants to be hynotised. He had about 15 volunteers, he put them all through the initiation tests and was left with about 8 people who were susceptable to the hynosis. He made em do some really funny shit but leads me onto my main question with hynosis. The first thing you learn, and every book really does focus on this, that you cannot make someone do something they do not want to do of their own free will. So my assumption is that if you're told in hypnosis to act like a chicken and you do, then surely you must be quite inclined to act like a chicken already lol!? i reckon its bollox that u cant make someone do something they wouldnt do of their own free will, i personally think that they are legaly bound to add this to the books otherwise people would be, and probably are doing some very very naughty stuff hahaha, but ofcourse this is not the reason i am studying :p

6. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

so you're basicly saying the books are telling you not to rape girls with your secret powers!

but on a counter to this... there are lots of things people wouldnt do 'of their won free will' when sober but do when they are drunk sooooo, meh, not sold on that point!?

interesting shit to learn doe... what books would you recomned?

7. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

yh, my old man used to do it, hypnotised his mate to not see him .. also hypnotised him to think , when e came round , he'd left his motorbike keys in his motorbike, even tho the keys were in his hand .. he came round, looked in his and, stood up and walked outside in the cold, came back and said to my dad ... just been outside for a piss ( obv bullshittin ) .. looking all dazed and confused .. my dad said, why didnt you just use the toilet, and got a sorta whatever reply ..

also .. my dad did regression hypnotherapy on his ex-wife, made her into a ten year old girl sucking her thumb on the sofa .. bit weird eh ...

also, my mate rich, went on holiday once, with his fat and nervous step dad .. anyway, he got on stage, and jumped up and down shouting garry glitter "YOU WANNA BE IN MY GANG , MY GANG MY GANG , YOU WANNA BE IN MYYYY GANG OH YEAHHHH " ... going of his head all red in the face at the top of his head .. then he came round everyone in tears.. my mate said it was the single most surreal thing he'd ever witnessed ..

it facinates me too .. my dad rekons it was easy

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

deffo not set up .. see my comment, my mate and his mum told me the story, his step dad adrian got called up ... also my dads regression hypnotised his ex , also hypnotised his mate scott to not see him and also hypnotised scott to think his bike keys were in his motorbike even tho they were in his hand .. weird eh