Friday 13th January 2006 - 8PM till 2AM
Club21,the Freedom Cafe, 132 High street, Southampton

DJs:
Special guests Reapa, Bad Ace Inc & Jay Walker 2 hour B2B2B
:antitank: Klip,+residents Rollinthund4,Kippa, Views

MCs:
Jimi Ray &challengers

Price: £2

Last minute shizzle, with it being tonight, but should be good fun if your in the neighbourhood. :oscar:

Rattas gonna be there, ill be picking him up if hes still up 4 coming, Bad man you still coming? Should be alright aslong as theres no-one wearing pink shirts :gimp:

REVIEW

THANX PEOPLE FOR MAKING IT...didnt kno that downstairs was a gay area until jus before .... its irrelevant tho isnt it??

jon was bustin out some heavy breakbeat from 8-930 accompanied by MC lav normally acustomed to hip hop... this boys MC'd with skinnyman before at club M southampton, but the man came out with some rhymes to stick in ya mind TOP. DJ SLIPPY on his first time playing out dropped some tunes with a fluency that the masters would envy, SAM G showed up and provided us with some scratch lessons with MC RYAN B feeding off him like he hadnt eaten since chrismas. then came KIPPA B2B with myself<< no comment, them that where there kno .MC MILKY poor lad got ID'd at the door 2 days off his 18th B'day! watch out for him in the future. also the MC RIPPA showed us he has potential on his first time out
.REAPA RECORDS,JAY WALKER, BAD ACE INC. AND THE REAPA himself showed up and did the job well with the tightest mc on the night RATTA ,they showd us that there own records hold firm against better reputed production efforts -will be adding some of these tracks to my collection; fair play geezers, DJ KLIP managed to make it after doing a 11-12 set in oxford, they hoooned it down the motorway and turned up to drop the most diverse set of the night--- tunes ud expect from a paradox resident with all anil's tune selection power

turn out was badly affected by goldie playing 1/2 a mile away on the same night! and the lack of a doorman made the night a free party ,the decks got taken at 10 and returned to there rightful owner,and we where left with some 2nd rate equipment -apologies to ne one whos performance was affected

watch out for Rollinthund4 and DJ kippa at club M southampton soon alongside MC's BENSTA & KWEST(SUB-ZERO)

Attachments

• 13th jan.jpg
    13th jan.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 32
well u say downstairs was a gay bar but when infact up stairs was even more gay.. im not really feeling this review blaitenly because its al bullshit sam g scratchin well if u call that scratchin then fine :wtf: basically the night was a waste of my time it wasent a rave it was a little party with twats spitting skibba shabba and fearless all night and ryan b well people ther no wat im saying just stop doing wat your doing or keep getting laughed at pure idiots! that just goes to proove southampton is a pile of shit ....im not one to cus people trying to go somewhere with music etc but this is the last straw im fed up with these punks trying to claim there stardom ....:wtf:

U dont kno the half of it

shame u couldnt stick around for more than 2 hours u might have had a better idea of what went on :applause:

lucky we had a spare set of decks that we used for the sound checks in the afternoon!
we filled the capacity twice over with people rollin in and out- thats the advantage of a free party

thanx to lav for the stantons(temporarily!) and the projector

Most people went off to see Goldie down the road ,
Big up MC kwest (sub zero) check the photos for this event on DSI (southampton)
pure class.
we dropped some metalheads trax early on> clownz got everyone on

also JR for sortin the 4k Crystal clear Circuitree mackie active blatsystem
and makin it to winchester for his set , pickin them up saterday after a heavy one; rescuin my equipment! and makin it to his set in brighton- look out for the circuitree partys this summer in a country side near u with hyperproms own rig

I didnt make it back home till 7am saterday and then went to basingstoke to get hammered 9-0 by basingstoke FC in knee deep mud- proper grimey

thanx to ryan B(critical damage,hyperprom) for fillin in for ren doller at the last minute

u can catch sam G scratchin on ukbassradio.co.uk's hyperprom slot 5-6 saterdays in the nar future and make ure own minds up on that one ...

personally im not into scratch dj's but he gave the night an added dimension and broke up the sets a bit

if ure tryin to drum up some hate for hyperprom --move along we got enuff luv

Sorry mate but theres more to a night than an MC ....
we had a party... u had a 2 hr chat to yaself on the mic
-was a treat no doubt and thanx for showin some of the youngsters how its done.... but bring ure self next time.

also generator for sale £300> contact hyperprom@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Right, i wernt gonna say nothing about this night coz theres no need for it but the things uve said dan are amazing me. it wasnt a club night in anyway at all, it was a little get together for you and your mates, i aint got no problem with that but when your getting, professional people down coz thats what we think of ourseleves as, from miles away to do a favour for you at the last minute we expect things to be set out right.
i dont have a problem with it being a gay club coz we knew what we were possibly in for b4 hand & thats what we got.
You didnt have any decent mc's apart from Ratta. ryan b was alright too but yet any old person was allowed to come along and spiit absolute shit over the mic. On the subject of Ratta he didnt have 2 hours to himself coz he always had some tit trying to battle him.
Trust me mate, if you want to make a decent night and get good dj's to come play for you then ull need to fix up and dont allow any old mc to jump on the mic and get some technics sorted.

nice one reapa, fair comments,
we get proper DJs every time , cos we are that

just dont need sum record label shit comin on top of us

ratta's been slatin ryan B for time
big up the battle

what propper djs do you get every time i thought you have only had one night? anyway the southampton needs a scene and i think hyperprom nights can cayter for the style that southampton need, respect for starting a night. look forward to seeing the line up for the next one ! :clown:

Back
Top Bottom