HYpe back on form? you decide!!!

Is the Helter from this weekend just gone or the one before that? Cos I won the tapepack from the one before last, and it should arrive today, so Ill give it a listen and let ya know.

Although I am very skeptical when it comes to Hype. A friend of mine who saw him recently said hes still playin T-10, Warning etc etc :sleep:

last time roni size played out he announced a special half hour in the middle of his set for all the original junglists. he rinsed through tunes like valley of the shadows, warning etc, and in such a wicked way! what is wrong with still playing some older tunes which are still bloody good? as long as the whole set is mixed down good with good tunes, the age of a dnb tune doesn't really matter in my eyes.

older tunes r needed 2 giv the set a variety, although sayin that its fuckin aggin wen u hear shit like planet dust gettin played all the time cos that tune pisses me off

I believe in playing a few older tunes in with a set....prolly coz i love raving as much as djing....and know the feeling on the floor when you hear the intro of a tune you love coming in!!

Checking the set now - not really feeling the selection or the mixing. His phrasing is strange sometimes, and the tunes he plays don't often go together too well IMO. At least he's still cuttin' it up!

:confused:

Why you goin on about old tunes? Cos I said about T-10 and Warning?

I dont think theres anything wrong with playing old tunes, as anyone whose heard me will know, but those tunes aint even old - theyve been CAINED! Let em rest for a bit I say. How many times have you heard them in the last 6 months? And a person in Hypes position surely has access to new and exclusive dubs as well as all the old rare stuff, why does he stick to playing tunes that everyone and his mum is playing?

old skool jungle vibes are good!
hype on the other hand isnt always that great...the problem for me seems to be that there is nothing that really distinguishes his sets.

Hype is a favourite dj for many because he is an entertainer above all else. He plays the tunes that people recognize and he scratches it up and you know that always makes the crowd go wild. The last time i saw Hype was about a year ago when he played on the same night as me and he was fuckin wicked. Thats all i know boyz...

Originally posted by sub vibes
the problem for me seems to be that there is nothing that really distinguishes his sets.

Apart from the copious amounts of scratching that only two other well known dj's con boast to be able to do (Craze + Marky).

Hype does it best with old stuff I reckon. He doesn't seem to adapt to the newer stuff very well.

Hype's average I suppose. I don't like his scratching though, cause he does the same stuff over and over!!

I get really tired of his repetitive scratch patterns. Like alot of dj's he seems to play his own material much much better than other tunes a la Bad Company.

That 2 hr. set was pretty good. The best part was the "Original Nuttah" tease over "Signal" That was fucking baaaaad

Back
Top Bottom