Hybris launches his own label, Pseudo Science

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
......very soon

20729277_1633920639965412_5121294826297889204_n.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/hybrisdnb/ph...633920639965412/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EH-R

They're all at it. Should be interesting though. He says the first release will just be a solo release, then who knows

Can't say I hold much hope for this considering his music has gone down the toilet along with his mates Phace, Misanthrop, Mefjus & the like. But hey, I might just be proven wrong, I actually hope to be, but I won't be holding my breath.

Can't say I hold much hope for this considering his music has gone down the toilet along with his mates Phace, Misanthrop, Mefjus & the like. But hey, I might just be proven wrong, I actually hope to be, but I won't be holding my breath.

I hope they use this opportunity to reinvent themselves, rather than channel old victories. The overwrought bleeps, blips, squeaks, and glitches, off kilter time signatures for the purpose of being jarring rather than morbidly pleasing, and then dumping a bassline to equalize the track, is wearing thin on drum n bass fans. Make some suspensful and clever tunes, rather than repackage Invisible 001 100 times.

I have confidence in them. I really like Hybris' old stuff. It's just hard for an artist to break out of the perimeters of their old sound. And it's even harder to make something listenable outside of the perimeters of your old sound. That's a common thread across all genres. Artists live in the shadows of their last hit, their last lp. I'm excited for this anouncement. but, Hybris and the like need to pull off a magic trick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom