Drum & Bass Hutar - Heavyrain / first neurofunk bassline attempt /

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Hutar, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Hutar

Hutar Member

As I said in introduction, I would like consult some demos with you. What I should remake, and what should I improve.
    I hope that I post it in right section.

2. nusphere

nusphere Member

Hey Hutar, decided to have a listen to your tunes as you commented on one of mine. Not sure why this has no comments? I must say I love your bass sounds in this, I've been trying to create bass sounds like this but never quite get there, I think you could make the bassline more interesting by filtering the midrange in & out in the way that Spectrasoul do check out this track from 2:30:

http://youtu.be/3oKEgdL5dAM?t=2m28s

What did you use to make the bass with?

The crazy Amen break in your track that comes in @ about 1:30 gets lost, it's not loud enough & competing for frequency space against the bass and the vocals in the low mid range I think. The half time beat dosen't work either the drum hits are to clipped, gated or too short; different drum hits may work for that section? Piano a little too loud I recon.

Overall though I like what I hear, very creative & use of space, this could shape up to be a great tune with a bit of work! Hope that helps a little :D

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  3. Hutar

Hutar Member

Thanx, I use Massive ( as most people ) and it is bandreject + phaser bass. I dont understand space, frequencies and range stuff. Anyway Im glad you commented my song.

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Agreed. You need to learn how to EQ and use frequencies. It'll make your tracks so much better. You got alot of good ideas in here.

5. Hutar

Hutar Member

Can you advise me some topics, tutorials or whatever about it?

6. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Just go to youtube and type in EQ tutorials, theres hundreds. Find some that suit you and just keep watching.

Also, Miszt done quite an in depth written tutorial on EQ techniques on here not that long ago, use the search bar at the top of this forum and search for EQ techniques, you'll probably find loads more stuff to help you on your way.

7. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

nice ideas in here, quite dark and ur reece bass is getting there! just take ur time get used to working out a clean mix but keeping the drums punchy and everything! big up

8. martinpetro

martinpetro New Member

Massive tune bro!