Huh?? (tc - get that girl)

JAGZ

VIP Junglist
Jus been on the dnbarena website for a browse n found a link to tc - get that girl on the forums

the guys on there were absolutly rippin him n his tunes up, they mus b h8in the fact that tommy boy smashes it wit every tune

heres the link http://uploaded.to/?id=ctc1jl for all u that love da jump up enjoy cos i fukin did

:mr_cool:

Re: Huh??

i think th ebeef with tc is that his tunes are getting a bit formulaic. he needs to spice things up a bit. no doubt he's a talented producer, but he wants every tune he makes to be the dancefloor smasher of the century. i think he's in danger of dissapearing up his own arse.

i think he's in danger of dissapearing up his own arse.

That would be great... :teeth:
You can immediately tell when a tune is made by TC, its got that distinctive sound... I agree, some variation would be appreciated.

I don't like TC because I don't hear it in a club, which is where you're "supposed" to hear it to enjoy it

Phew im glad that there aint 2 many peeps hatin on him here, he has got a sertan sound i love but all artist evole and change there style after a while, big up misha reppin hard lol

TCs got insane talent in the studio that most of us can only dream of having. Not when it comes to mixing tho, the dudes a strictly cd-dj an theres no skill involved there, i could teach my nan to mix like andy c on a set of cdjs :rolleyes:

TCs got insane talent in the studio that most of us can only dream of having. Not when it comes to mixing tho, the dudes a strictly cd-dj an theres no skill involved there, i could teach my nan to mix like andy c on a set of cdjs :rolleyes:

Shy Fx mentioned TC prepitches sets. I don't agree that using CDJs will make you a great dj (in which case everybody should use them, djing is not a competition who should do the hardest thing), they still require skill. A crap dj will still sound like a crap dj.

The problem with much of dance music is that people come to see producers djing because they like their tracks. However a good producer does not make a good dj. Extreme example - our own Coshh is a better dj than TC but nobody is going to come to a club to hear him (yet).

There are a few exceptions, Hype, Zinc, Craze and Andy C are loved for their mixing not for their production (mostly) but otherwise there are plenty of producers djing who shouldn't...

I try to book djs who can actually dj but punters want the names on the tracks, not guys who can actually mix those tracks.

I dont think TC is prepitching anymore, the last few times I've seen him he's been going through the motions (well sounds like it)

When I saw him in Brighton a year or so back, he had his back to the decks as a new tune came into the mix bahahahaha!!!

On topic: Get That Girl - next UK chart smash? Raise the Roof is gonna be big as well ;)

I dont think TC is prepitching anymore, the last few times I've seen him he's been going through the motions (well sounds like it)

When I saw him in Brighton a year or so back, he had his back to the decks as a new tune came into the mix bahahahaha!!!

On topic: Get That Girl - next UK chart smash? Raise the Roof is gonna be big as well ;)

It probably will be a chart smash because of the commercial appeal but its a shat tune in my opinion... :thumbsd:

Whats with all the Justin Timberlake-esque lyrics?

I saw him in Newquay at some point and his mixing was terrible, I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to see him play out again... :rolleyes:

LOL i started this therd to big up his music not his mixin,
hes a producer full stop,

like dustek sed big name producers get bookings even if they cant mix 2 save there life but at least we get hear some phat dubplates right ???

The fact he does his own vocals makes alot of his tunes well cheesy.

'TC Live' is poping up all over the place, who the fuck wants to see tc sing rockstar etc.

To be fair get that girl aint too bad, all about the instrumental version without the cheesy vocals

i will bet a tenner that he will do "Get that boy" with hannah collins singing on it.

with vocals I hate it, without vocals its ok

I dont like these tunes that sound all over produced, I mean this is drum n bass man, if I wanna listen to an epic song il put on some tool/zepplin/biffy clyro/eminem/roots manuva etc. im sorry but apoart from love and happiness I think TC is long, proper 'Im gunna go to the bar and get a drink when I hear him' long

when he was on the mic at global aswell........just not about i. The man actually think's he's a rockstarm, no joke he's onstage singing along to his tunes. if i was drunk enough i probably would have bottled him, but im not a bastard and I werent that drunk so I didnt lol

Fastfret's got a point, his ego is becoming a little over inflated. His set at Breakneck (considering it was 2-3 and the last set) was dull as shit with 4 reloads in 10 minutes, so I just went home due to tired/drunkenness. He does make some good tunes but I wouldn't miss him if he stopped. In 10 years I doubt he'll get dropped at all, whereas The One and The Nine, etc will live on forever.

i dunno, I think a lot of people are hating on him...i mean if everyone thought he was shit, why does every dj play wheres my money and game over and often, rockstar...

but to be fair tc is good and he knows it...

Back
Top Bottom