HTFR sucks.

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Lucidproduction, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

HTFR sucks crack rocks completly... i urge people not to use it.

2. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Hahaha. What happened? I think you're preaching to the converted matey.

3. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

yeah people already know this...

they hav done it to me twice now iv orderd things they havnt got in stock and then i dont get my money back for another week so i cant buy it from anywhere else yet they wanna ring me and tell me to buy different monitors from dem...

i only bought them from htfr coz it was the cheapest price i cud find but now im thinking im never gonna use it no matter what the price

4. poohoodahoodoo

poohoodahoodoo Member

nothing new there then

5. Code:Red

Code:Red Defiant

i've never had problems with them, and i use them quite often..sounds like you just got unlucky pal

6. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Had mixed experiences but would still try not to use them again

7. Dj_Clippa

Dj_Clippa Mix n Blend '

i ordered some speakers and an amp from them, speakers were faulty and the only pair HTFR had in stock for another two, three weeks,

sent me the wrong amp and didnt get a full refund for 2 weeks!

Thought it was a right pisstake!

8. wobbie

wobbie Echidna

I fucking hate them!
    In the past they have sent me the wrong record, sent me a very scratched record and once I bought a promo and ended up getting the full release a few weeks later.
    Avoid like chlamidia!

9. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

10. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

NO-one at HTFR has a fucking clue what they are talking about!
    I vowed never to use them again!

11. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

I ordered 5 vinyls, got my big brown envelope turn up, happy days, hang on....

4 vinyls missing. Wasn't very happy.

12. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

Hmmm they dnt sound like a very good company then.

i use chemical records.. never had a problem.. theyve got a cool new site, has website deck where u can preview any songs.. has the bpm and key of the song listed for mixing harmonicly.. and nothings better than when u order vinyl before 5 and then there at ur doorstep the next morning. fuckin siiik!!! :not_worth

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  13. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

Catapult wins hands down for me.
    Everyone there is sound as fuck and they really know what they are doing. Free delivery any order over £15 and its garunteed next day delivery.

14. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

fair enough, there is other great record websites out there. but i know someone who is mates with chemical and when i started dj ing he told me chemical is the dogs bollox so started buying my dj equipment, vinyl and even some clothes from there and got to used to em to go anywhere else now :D

15. Goosey_J

Goosey_J IGNORE ME

Disagree. They fucked me around over the D-Bridge LP which really pissed me off. Brought it off em, recieved it, one of the tunes on there (coincidentally my favourite one off the album as well) had a malformation on it near the beginning of the track that caused it to skip. Sent it back asking if I could get a replacement, they told me it was their last one and it was out of press (fair enough) but then told me that it worked fine on their deck and that I should probably change my needles. Changed my needles, didn't work. Tried it on a mate's deck, still didn't work. Took it into my local record shop to try it out, still didn't work.

By this point it's been about a month since I bought it. I can't really ring them up and ask for a refund cause I don't have the receipt any more. So I have to find another fucking copy of the same goddamn LP for 1 tune. None of this would have been a problem if they'd just refunded me instead of lying and saying it was fine. I don't like being lied to, especially over something as expensive as a 4 piece LP where if one track that you like is fucked, then you essentially have to spend another £20 just to get a working one.
    Boo to Catapult. Won't be using them again.

16. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

Yeah thats gay, spose everyone has different experiences n shit that puts em off places which is fair enough. Only reason I use Catapult is that I know the guys there quite well so I'd rather give them my business and I know I can trust them and they always sort me out.

Different strokes for different folks ;)

17. Goosey_J

Goosey_J IGNORE ME

Don't you know it! I like to mix things up personally, mostly use the local store but I've also used Redeye and Mirage in the past and I've got nothing but good things to say about them.

18. DJOctane

DJOctane Planetdnblive.co.uk

I reckon its the other way round... you got lucky!

HTFR really are useless cunts. The customer service is shit & the delivery times are bollox.

I'm suprised they're as successful as they are really, i dont know anyone who still gets stuff from them coz they have all had problems with HTFR in the past.

Still, the deals on equipment can be pretty good & that little catalogue they send in the post every few months makes for good readin on the shitter. And the cover of it makes perfect roach. lmao

19. ZackMRG

ZackMRG Circles are Pointless

HTFR = Bunch of Douches

Hate the cunts, (when i was still a bit of a n00b with Djing n shit) I had a dodgy mixer with shitty connections which cause loads of feedback and hum whenever I mixed, which made Eqing a nightmare, I didnt realise it was a shit connection at the time, so I went to HTFR to buy something to fix it, They insisted a "Hum Destroyer" and a pair of gold plated Phono to Jack leads would stop all my problems, Cost me about £45 in total, Didnt sort anything out at all.

Turns out it was a dodgy connection that a bit of soldering wouldve fixed for pratically nothing, and yet not one of the HTFR staff even suggested that mightve been the problem- seems pretty obvious to a decent enough DJ/ person with a bit of know how, They blatently robbed me for a sale :/

They also have a pretty shitty record collection n all.

Definately Tempest for me.

20. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

Only bought something from them once. It was the only place I could find "The Third Stage EP" - Culture Shock. Took quite a while to get to me but nothing was wrong with it. However I continue to hear bad things about them and will not use them againg in the future.

Fan of Chemical:D