[howto] Rave/D*Minds old synth?

Discussion in 'Production' started by JSDNB, Jun 9, 2011.

1. JSDNB

JSDNB Member

Hi all. I'd like to recreate a fat synth exactly like the one that drops at 1:06ish in the following song.

Looking around people say it's a simple reese. If what they say is correct, how the hell do I obtain that?

I'm on LogicStudio8(+Massive)... I managed to get a reese from Massive, but it just doesn't sound like that: should I beef it up in anyway (that I don't know)?

Thanks for help,

JACK

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Heard a similar synth in Ritchie's - Nazi Business and Hazard - Death March...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

sample alien girl.

3. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

dont.

its a really short note, so just take any reese, play around with the filterenvelopes and you should be halfway there imo. rest is eqing, distortion, reverb etc.

4. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

its also not going to be purely made on massive. there's probably a really simple reece created then distorted, eqd, messed with various vst effects before you end up with the sound your looking for.

5. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

sounds like there's a bit of volume attack on it too, sort of delayed sound going on.

6. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

dont think theres another sin layered underneath and with this, youd decrease the bass on the drop, hence not a good idea.

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

it is however the alien girl sound, which is from a virus and has been researched quite extensively on doa. a guy broke the virus patch down to its components and posted the script. incredibly detailed. then there is the b-complex z-3ta patches that does pretty much exactly this sound, see if you cant track those down. if you have z3ta+.