Hows it going?

nowwhichway

Hey guys hows it going? New to this message board/forum (blog?) stuff so thought id say hello. Living in china at the moment teaching little squiddies how to speak english, I'v managed to squeeze some jungle into my lessons (amen andrews and a bit of squarepusher)..I usually get "it sounds like war" which makes me laugh. Hey, they need a music education as well....the music here is shocking - pure pop. Steps stylee. Anywayz, rambled enough - thats a bit about me, started producing a few months ago, I'd love someone to check out my latest tune as feedback is scare out here in the outback!!

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2VTAJQBH422O31O0Q07GMLLYDD

Hope lifes treating everyone well

Safe as bubblewrap

Luke

Cheers, what kind of dnb you into?? give me some names....do you produce?

I'm into a bit of tech itch, a bit of dylan, but more into the old skool, jungle, IDM, squarepusher, aphex, venetian snares, ragga-jungle type madness. I find a lot of the techy dnb too dark - just a bit depressing. But saying that id say renegade hardware is my favourite label.

inna bit

Luke

nowwhichway said:
Cheers, what kind of dnb you into?? give me some names....do you produce?

I'm into a bit of tech itch, a bit of dylan, but more into the old skool, jungle, IDM, squarepusher, aphex, venetian snares, ragga-jungle type madness. I find a lot of the techy dnb too dark - just a bit depressing. But saying that id say renegade hardware is my favourite label.

inna bit

Luke
Renegade Hardware/Barcode are my favourite labels! :slayer:

hey man shit im alright i guess early morning, spent all yesterday drinking so im a bit rough plus this girl was giving me amazing abuse last night cos i wouldnt go to her place when she 'needed me'. i was like if its that important you can come here or pay a cab but she wouldnt do either. cant imagine it beeing that urgent in that case. women.

anyway, glad we got that out of the way, whats up in china?

Good to hear your a renegade fan!! Do you listen to any warp stuff??? Seriously i recommend squarepusher big loada - one of the best albums iv ever had. Its changed the way i hear drum n bass and beats in general really. Prefuse 73 is pretty wicked as well, not really drum n bass just amamzing production, a bit more like warp hiphop i guess. definitly worth checking out.

Logikz: chinas good thanks man. living out here teaching with my fiance at a school in Nanjing. Been here for 3 months and think its a nicer place to live than the UK thats for sure. I think the whole yob culture bullshit in the UK is a cancerous problem. You see it at the raves as well, its just bullshit. Its like we've all been chucked in a time machine and taken back to caveman times - with a bunch of wankers. "what the fock are you lookin at?"...how many times have you heard that? too many thats for sure. I just think the moral fibre of the UK has been breaking apart for a while now. Im sure we've all seen it in our town centres, at our raves, in our fucking cinemas (i cant seem to go anymore without people continually chatting - i hate that shit). Things are just way different here, way more respect, values are more intact, people are more friendly. So yeah chinas great!! sorry guys, thats my rant out the way - nowt to do with dnb im afriad lol!!!!

So what kind of tunes are you into logikz??

In abit

Luke

almost anything, but my heroes are goldie, photek and digital. these are three people whos through their music influenced my life something ridiculous. im really into jungle techno and raga jungle and anything hinting towards it. right now im listening alot to bizzy b, equinox, rat pack, serum, ray keith, the bouncer and so on.

i went to china 2001 i think, had the wickedest time. real low alkahol percentage on the beer tho. my uncle used to work in nanjing before he moved to beijing. anyway i was there for too short a time to even begin to grasp the culture. amazing place.

shit thats really cool man, moving to china.
anyway ill try to check your tune, id be interested i hearing what youve got.

logikz said:
i went to china 2001 i think, had the wickedest time. real low alkahol percentage on the beer tho

I didn't know that. And the reason why beer ain't too strong is because everyone drinks baijiu, hardcore methylated-spirit-strength chinese rice wine :alchy:

I think the beers pretty tasty actually, it washes the food down well. tell me about it indi!? have you seen the way they drink it at meals, they just fill a glass and guzzle away - hardcore. Makes me laugh how red trhey get when they'r pissed though

nowwhichway said:
I think the beers pretty tasty actually, it washes the food down well. tell me about it indi!? have you seen the way they drink it at meals, they just fill a glass and guzzle away - hardcore. Makes me laugh how red trhey get when they'r pissed though

They do like a drop of teh brew :D

Logikz mate, I think you maybe thinking of something else. I got a bottle of rice wine from a fellow teacher for my birthday and it was 58%

what! i mean that rice wine, the bottle as i remember it wide base, narrow neck, like a bigger baileys bottle basically, transparent glass with a big old red label. its got a very distinct smell, like a bit candy ish. Shit wasnt but 20% way i remember it, reason i do remember it so clearly is cos one of them bottles broke in my bag on the way home. Then again im probably wrong, you live in china not me.

I dunno then. I know there's different strengths for different brands, maybe there is 20% noob version but I only drink teh hard stuffs.

seriously?! Download a track called 10,001 by amen andrews aka luke vibert.... absolutely amazing. Its jungle, but total mash up. in fact....heres a link.... this vinyl series needs to be shared!!

http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30ZZ8J5T36OYO2HQYMAZP5SSN8

Are you into squarepusher?? tell me you've heard of squarepusher? if not download an album called big loada - it will change dnb for you no joke, its from 97 but it still sounds stupidly cutting edge.

enjoy amen andrews

Luke

ive got section 16 and the maxi priest EP, both total kick ass discs. havent checked big loada yet, ill put that on my to do list for this week. luke vibert what was that ninja tune or cold cut or something along those lines right. ill have a look at that amen andrews soon too, sounds interesting.

selection 16 is okay but id say for a jungle/dnb feel its got to be big loada. track one - come on my selecta is sick, track 3 full rinse and track for massif stay strong are my favourites. although its the kind of music that you get something new each time you listen, some of it can take a bit of time to get your head round the beats but once you have its amazing - you always hear new things when you play them again.

Let me know how you get on man, plenty more where that came from if you want more recommendations...

In abit

Luke

Back
Top Bottom