How's Crawley?!

Byl.K

Hi,
I may come on February for 2 years (I'm from Paris and I probably found a job there).
As 2 years is a long period, I'd like to get some advice to find good places in Crawley and around.
I already read on some forums that it is "dead" and that moving to London or Brighton is the only solution to avoid a nervous breakdown... (these were probably french non-junglist ppl speaking ^^)
I dont wanna raise any "debate" btw you guys, I know what it can get to when talking about "city competition" lol, but do you generally think it is a decent place to have fun during the week ends (DnB but rest also) and more generally to live in during the year ?

Ty 4 answers !

I'm from Crawley, there's no D&B nights here but it's a good base to get to London/Brighton raves - London is 40 mins on train and Brighton is 30.

If you move to one of the nicer areas you won't see any trouble either as despite its reputation as being full of tough guys it's really not as bad as a city for violence/mugging etc.

Plenty of jobs and house prices for buy & rent are reasonably low too (4 bed house = 1000 per month). Just don't get caught sharing with somalians!

Thx for this info

Just don't get caught sharing with somalians!
haha, I think I wont as I'd probably move with my turntables so I might be looking for a single flat (if not too expensive) ... or junglist room m8s lol.

Any other point of view is priceless for me as I cannot get there atm to see by myself !

++

single flat in brighton min-£780 month London even more dont no bout crawley prob the cheapest of the 3! if u move like 10miles outside of one of the citys you'll only b looking at 500 month.

Dude, seriously.. do not move to crawley.. its a fucking shit hole.. full of pakis.. i mean pikeys.. Brighton all day everyday, and as far as i know there are no dnb nights, whereas in brighton u get them pretty much every night!!

Dude, seriously.. do not move to crawley.. its a fucking shit hole.. full of pakis.. i mean pikeys.. Brighton all day everyday, and as far as i know there are no dnb nights, whereas in brighton u get them pretty much every night!!

Im from crawley and im no pikey, that statement comes from someone who lives in a shitty little village that barely exists can turn around and call me a pikey..just cos you have got jimmy hill living near you dont make us pikeys..

mate crawley isnt too bad it depends where you live. theres some rough areas and some nice areas just like every town in england. i would advise to live around copthorne, pound hill but if you wanna be near town the tilgate is probably the best area, avoid broadfield/bewbush (dont get attracted to the cheap prices) the dnb aint happenin, it needs to especially when dj levela only lives round the corner!!

Did some of you get jumped by a gang from here or something, it really isn't that bad....? Brighton & London estates are a lot worse than Crawley's for sure.

Benefits for a foreigner coming to Crawley: at least they will feel at home with plenty of their fellow countrymen around :D

Im from crawley and im no pikey, that statement comes from someone who lives in a shitty little village that barely exists can turn around and call me a pikey..just cos you have got jimmy hill living near you dont make us pikeys..

mate crawley isnt too bad it depends where you live. theres some rough areas and some nice areas just like every town in england. i would advise to live around copthorne, pound hill but if you wanna be near town the tilgate is probably the best area, avoid broadfield/bewbush (dont get attracted to the cheap prices) the dnb aint happenin, it needs to especially when dj levela only lives round the corner!!

did i say.. oh dont go to crawley shadow sniper lives there and he is a pikey?... Of course 100% of crawley arent pikeys lol.. but you gotta admit.. there is a fair few mate!

did i say.. oh dont go to crawley shadow sniper lives there and he is a pikey?... Of course 100% of crawley arent pikeys lol.. but you gotta admit.. there is a fair few mate!

mate i aint havin a pop its just everyone says it about crawley but every area in the country is the same it has its good people it has its bad people..you could say every town in the whole of the uk is full of pikeys when its not..i could name hundreds of places worse than crawley...it just pisses me off cos for some reason crawley has a bad reputation when its not even a rough place..its nothing it cracks me up.

but slows right you will feel at home as a foreigner, they are taking over crawley..we english are more of a minority here..

Thx 2 all for your posts!

I see there are places to avoid there; not because of pakis ( I've already seen london and plymouth several times and I noticed there is no escape (j/k) ^^).

I won't have the choice anyway since the company I will work for is in Crawley - moving every day from london could be annoying.

But if Brighton isnt too expensive I may think of living there and going 2 work in Crawley (I hope it is not too long).

Thx :)

Back
Top Bottom