DnB Howitzer - Exception. My first tune, minimal dnb

Howitzer

VIP Junglist
As you all know, the natural progression of a DJ is into producer. I took the plunge into ableton a few months back and I've ended up with this:

Its my first attempt at a tune, and hasnt been mastered, yet. I wanted to get the opinions of you good people on here before it gets properly finished.

All comments and critique welcome.

c'mon you beardstrokers, I know youre out there :p Some constructive crit would be awesome!

Last edited:
well man, i have to say, if you started a few months back this is siicko!!!

for me the snare could be punching harder.

and the drums are pretty junglist considering it's "minimal"

this isn't a bad thing at all, i like what you've done.

also, did you make the middy bass layers yourself or are they samples?

all in all man, big work!

this is great for a first tune. i wish my first tune was even half this well put together, haha. definitely got potential, keep it up, man! also, are these samples or original?

Yeah feeling this one. But as mentioned above drums need to be punchier. They drive this style of DnB almost more than any other and so its vital they're spot on. Good work.

Thanks very much for the feedback guys :)

Its all sample based, some bits bave been re-sampled others are pretty much straight samples with a little tweaking. Im still getting to grips with synths and trying to make those kinda sounds in massive/fm8 is proving quite difficult!

@Wilf: By punchier, do you mean more bass? I tried to move the kicks EQ away from the bassline, I might have gone a bit far though.

Thanks very much for the feedback guys :)

Its all sample based, some bits bave been re-sampled others are pretty much straight samples with a little tweaking. Im still getting to grips with synths and trying to make those kinda sounds in massive/fm8 is proving quite difficult!

@Wilf: By punchier, do you mean more bass? I tried to move the kicks EQ away from the bassline, I might have gone a bit far though.

I can definitely throw you some presets for massive! What version you got? Massive is great, so fun to just sit there and play with.

I can definitely throw you some presets for massive! What version you got? Massive is great, so fun to just sit there and play with.

mate, presets would be incredible! I think im on the latest version . . If you need an email addy to send them too let me know n' I'll pm you.

Its all good fun pissing about with the factory sounds and ive tried out a few tuts on making that 'alix perez' sound. It didnt quite end up as I'd hoped. lol. Still learning about synths though, I imagine it'll be a while before I know all the ins and outs.

Back
Top Bottom