How would You create your own tunes?

JungleFever

VIP Junglist
ive wanted to know for a while how you would create your own tunes. obvioulsy youl need some sort of software.. but what?
safe xx:confused::confused::confused:

some prefer hardware , as it "was" a more highly skilled job but over the yrs software packages have made the profession of being a engineer not so "glamour"

like everything its about you the "music" maker ... software isnt just software ,.. alot of programmes on the open market aim to do a good job but i found them "geeky and not user friendly" ... things like reason , protools , sonar , cubase in my eyes aint the type of package u pick up with no knowledge of the studio and start making beats "just like that"

the only programme i get on with because of it user friendly usage is LOGIC .. it does everything i want it to , ie make loops etc ... and i found it suit the way i think and i found it user friendly ... i went to college to learn about it and out of 21 of us in a class i was the only one that used logic , everyone else i might add alot younger love reason,sonar etc ... each to there own ... but my advice is if u can go to your local music college and do a evening course or day courses on the subject , best £200 i spent ...

First, pick out a piece of software. All in all, it doesn't matter what program you pick, just pick what you feel most comfortable with.

You can get some tips from the production board here, another good site completely centered around DnB production is drumnbass.be

I've used Reason, Cubase & am currently using Fruity Loops. FL is probably the most user-friendly of them, i.e. easiest to use. Reason is a great program soundwise but the actual putting together of tunes can be a mind fuck.

ive used reason for around 2 and half years, and i find it easy to use, i just got cubase tho, and it seems about as user friendly as a plane's cockpit! so i think the best advice is to download the demo's of a few programes, and see what you find is the best one for you.

Right now I'm using Fruity Loops and I'm pretty satisfied about it .. but like technic1210 said ; get some demo's and see what software fits you the best..

and a bit of advice if u choose to download fruityloops....

dont download the version i did, else you will fuck your computer and will have to get it wiped lol

I've used Reason, Cubase & am currently using Fruity Loops. FL is probably the most user-friendly of them, i.e. easiest to use. Reason is a great program soundwise but the actual putting together of tunes can be a mind fuck.

Man thats totally back to front :ban:

Reason is the most user friendly tool going man, but the general sound of reason is pretty pants

Go on the production forum, there are various threads on there.

Basic rule, try demos of the programs you want, and use what you are most comfortable with:D

You could always get a laptop, and get Serrato or something and somehow hook up at the spot or beforehand something on fruity (just a sample, not a song) onto decks and then add in effects with a mixer or a laptop. And then on beat add and remove stuff.

Yet again, there would be lots of things that wouldn't work.

Just of how I thought how to do it when I was 7 haha :D

s_wooden-spoon.jpg

+

tin-can250-tm.jpg

+

DIC-3225.JPG

its how all the biggest producers started out

Back
Top Bottom