How would one go about creating a triplet beat?!?

**and now for the sensible answer**

all these methods that have been posted for fruity are pretty silly, fruity can quantize to a swing beat in the same way logic can...... absolutely no need to be messing around with pattern lengths and time signatures!

Just program your beat normally in the piano roll... menu > tools > quantize > select the "third-beat" template which should be in the "snap" folder..... and viola! Swing beat :sixty_nin

Affliction said:
**and now for the sensible answer**

all these methods that have been posted for fruity are pretty silly, fruity can quantize to a swing beat in the same way logic can...... absolutely no need to be messing around with pattern lengths and time signatures!

Just program your beat normally in the piano roll... menu > tools > quantize > select the "third-beat" template which should be in the "snap" folder..... and viola! Swing beat :sixty_nin
pfft, show off :D

Nice 1 Affliction.... you are a book of dnb knowledge!

Mr Van Pelt and anyone taking the fruity route...i done it at last!

Do this....

K---S---K--K-S--- in the sequencer.

Send the kick to piano roll.

Adjust the length of each kick to 3 bars

do the quantization as the book (Affliction !) explained

click ok

Remove 5th kick

adjust kick length if you want

Dont touch the snare !

Wahay........ Body rock beat

thanks again affliction, to be honest i never tried the other methods in thread, it wasnt the style of kick mi wan

Last edited:
I didn't even go through all that - I just programmed it like how I'd normally program it without the swing, then I did the quantization.

Obviously the song is in its infant stages, but I've got a good start.

Chuck :who_wants

jay walker said:
how many are gonna pull off a ripper and bring something new to the table?

Sounds like a challenge!! :slayer:

I'll be going slower on this one, anyway, since I'd like to start making tracks which don't sound so "2D," if you get my drift.

Chuck :who_wants

Posted by Charlie Van Pelt - 12-11-2003 at 16:18

Sounds like a challenge!!

I'll be going slower on this one, anyway, since I'd like to start making tracks which don't sound so "2D," if you get my drift.

Yeah - coz your tunes sound sooooooo 2D! Do you run over them with a streamroller to get that effect? :gaywhite: .....wheres that “sarcasm” smiley? :teeth:

Chuck Van Muck - “Another one bite the Duck” is fookin’ tip-top!
Bet you got sumpin special for this dnbscene/forum comp! cannae wait to hear results.

Back
Top Bottom