how worldwide is dnb?

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
:boobies: fort i'd start this thread with boobs...

im speeking to a guy on zee intraweb. and hes lovin dnb in brazil! says hes the only guy that likes in and theres no dnb in clubs :(

im wondering, are there any countries that don't even know dnb exists?

i say we borrow mr hype n mr clarke n go brazil for a big dnb forum holiday :gun:

(just had a spliff...)

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
i dunno but its getting bigger..i saw a drum n bass cd in asda today in the featured bit..i dno why but it pissed me off:S..it looked like a great cd..but i jus had a feelin people were gunna rinse the tunes that were onit

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
DnB is pretty big in Brazil. DJ Marky anyone?

All the Brazillians I know (and most of them DJ) all arrive in London with a bag of techno and a bag of DnB.

It's pretty worldwide, look at any UK A list DJ Biog and they've played pretty much all round the world. Massive in Eastern Europe.

Prospekt

VIP Junglist
yeah bungle and that DJ Andy guy who lets face it really should've picked a slightly different name to Mr.Clarke

Do you reckon he called himself that so people would turn up to his sets thinking he was Andy C. Sure some stupid people have. haha

DNB is a niche' market though, its global and seriously growing imo. But I was aware Brazil was a hot spot for drum n bass with all those long festivals that take place over there.

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
blatantly thought that about dj andy. because the first time i saw his name, i was all, awwwww sweet! then i was all, awwwww, brazil? samba!

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
indonesia has got its own bastardized version of drum and bass, imagine eurotechno synths and happy hardcore vocals in indonesian on a kosheen type 170 break. dont know how succeptible they would be to the real thing.

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Well..... i played some tunes out of the office the other day.... in true "im an dnb head.. look at me" kinda style!... you all know what i mean!! hahaha.

And the next day some indian guy stopped me and asked what it was i was playin. Explained it him and gave him a CD of my Full Spectrum mix thats on here.... aparently he had never heard dnb before!??

Now he's playin that same CD at his green grocer cart for the last 4 days!... hahaha... getting abit annoyin now... might have to supply him with a new mix!! hahahaha

So i kinda think India is one of the untouched areas of the world.... but im pretty sure DnB will infect them at some point in the future....... I mean.... Grooverider in Dubai??? thats a pretty crazy place to be playing dnb!!