How will it sound on a system?

football345

I know, yet another question. :rolleyes: .

Just woundering what the best way is to know how its going to sound on a system. Obviously you'll never truely know untill you have played it out on one.

Is there a method of nothing which frequencies should be hit.

Just curious because when i made the track, it sounded fine through the speakers i was using, then when i hooked it up to my system that my decks are linked up to, there was way too much bass on it and sounded like it was going to blow them, im guessing this came from my sub bass being in a much too high frequency.

Any suggestions?

Obviously you'll never truely know untill you have played it out on one.

You've answered yourself on that bit, It'll be problems with your room/monitors that'll be causing you to push to much low end into your mix. Its just trial and error, playing the tune on as many systems as you can and going back to make changes.

there was way too much bass on it and sounded like it was going to blow them, im guessing this came from my sub bass being in a much too high frequency.

Sub bass will never sit at what you'd call a high frequency, its called sub bass because its lower than what would be regarded as bass, so usualy below the 100hz region. The reason it wants to tear your speakers apart is that the low frequencies in your mix are to high, that might be what you got confused about?

Theres no set in stone rules about what frequencies should be doing what, it depends entirely on the tune, and what instruments/samples are being used. Hope thats some help mate.

No disrespect but there is much for you to learn (obviously)... I say this only because it will be hard for many (who know Prod well enough) to attempt to help you understand your question. Motion Audio has done a good job to cover the bases imo.

I will say this: when you reach the point of being sure that your Mixes will translate well onto multiple systems... you won't have to worry how they'll sound on some random loudspeaker system at a club or bar. Point being: don't worry how some (most likely) cheaply put together system is going to represent your track.. instead, worry about making mixes that sound solid on your system and anything you can test it on when compared to Reference material you know to be perfectly Mixed Down.

hope that helps and g/l w/it all

Back
Top Bottom