how to waste 4 grand.

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Reference, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Reference

Reference fair shout.

2. wo88le

wo88le A Mockery of a Travesty

3. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

i would say that's not that bad for 4 grand, a 3 minute music video that sounds fairly good and original, if i was mr clarke i'd be quite chuffed right now

4. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

5. ZackMRG

ZackMRG Circles are Pointless

Didnt realise 'Rock It' was worth a music video to be honest, good track, but wouldnt go as far as to say it was worth a 4K music Video.

Saying that though- I actually like it, or at least, from point where the yeti creature appears, very original look and feel to it.

So its a waste, but at the same time, not the biggest waste in the world.

6. RevTech

My thoughts exactly

7. RevTech

fuck off

8. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Good video or not, they can play it on mtv now, which will generate more revenue with each play.

The video also doesn't pidgeon hole itself, which is why it works.

I don't much like the video or the song tbh, but it's the right way to go about earning some coin.

9. safety

safety double safety

i quite liked the video, shame about the track though

10. Reference

Reference fair shout.

how much do you think the sample cost to clear though?

11. smaur

smaur bacon

Agreed

12. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

I would imagine it would just be a percentage. A very big one at that though!

13. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

True, Bangalter is notoriously thrifty when it comes to musical marketing and the like.

I think that with the advent of chase & status, pendulum and the rise of dnb into the mainstream, the clearance will be worth it.

More than a lot sold 50,000 commercial units, so Ram must have enough money to front it. Rock it is being played on a fair few commercial radio stations. I don't know if MTV are still doing their "Drum & Bass Mondays" (cue shudder) but they'll be looking for videos to show, and upto date ones at that.

14. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

disagree... one of the things i like about dnb is that it isn't (and should never be IN MY OPINION) mainstream.... as that often a) dilutes the talent pool and b) makes the music genre shit for years to come!

it happened to hip hop (to name but one genre), and now you get twats like tinchy strider and co making 'radio 1 hip pop' and real talented people then struggle to make a break! (where as in dnbm some guy with a computer in his bedroom can release tracks!)

sorry bout the rant, and i know it's slightly off topic... but it is something i feel strongly about!

15. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly, but it is becoming mainstream nonetheless. I have no doubt that in the next 10 years many a tom, dick or (dirty) harry will be making dnb or have 'a dnb track on my album' or pop singers doing vocal over the top of dnb tracks. Obviously not A list celebs but in the same vein that mutya from sugababes did that track with groove armada.

16. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I dont think he sampled it, I'm sure he re-created the sounds himself so the he wont have to pay half as much.

17. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

i dont want drum and bass to get diluted to shit... like some emo pendulum enter shikari bullshit....

BUT..

surely if more people get into drum and bass it wud mean more money for everyone in the industry tho...? better livings

18. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

unfortunatly it's not so black and white as that... it's the type's who listen to certain musics cos 'therte mates do', or cos they have it fucking drummed into them continuosly on radio one that would ruin dnb...

for example, when i was at uni in east london i would ask people what music they like, and most would say rnb, hip hop....

so i would mention REAL rnb (RYTHM and BLUES, the clue is in the fucking name!) artists, (including led zepplin to a degree as they were very bluesy) and proper old skool sampled, mpc'd hip hop and they had no idea!.... fucking sheep!

19. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

what sample? theres a sample in Rock It? fuckin shit tune man. i cant stand it AT ALL...

dude, dnb has been like that since the early days, it comes in waves man. On one hand you feel threatened its crossing over into the mainstream. but it will never Break thru, trust me. All its going to do is draw a bigger fan base, and bring a few new jacks onto the scene that would never catch on to a tune by Loxy. Has to be that Pop Dnb that makes there heads turn. i think its shit personally. those loud snares are bogus man. its like a pissing contest who can get there snares to CUT thru. Bring back them OG breakbeats that made this genre of music possible and stop trying to make a well engineered car commercial...

20. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

I reckon it's getting very very close to breaking the mainstream fully here.

'Rock It' gets played once an hour on the radio and all my mates who were never previously into D&B have now heard of Chase & Status and Subfocus. If the SF album gets as good reception with the people who would normally listen to indie shit as 'More than alot' then it will certainly pave the way for other artists to cross over.

Videos not too bad..