How to use accapellas

Discussion in 'Production' started by Marc:L, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Marc:L

Marc:L Member

well i got the dancehal accapellas from the sample swap thread. Graet things in there! But how do you know the orginal bpm from the accapella? I just know how to use them in a track. I always sound like there of beat.... Can anyone explain to me how to use them the best way. Many thanks!

2. dj revere

dj revere Member

If you have pro-tools you can use beat detective to extract tempo ! Failing that the best way (i'm told anyway) to use accapellas is to cut it up into manageable parts as it makes it easiar to get it in time ! Truth be told I've not used an accapella yet but could do with also seeing a good tutorial on one ! Try youtube, bound to be something helpful on there !

3. JAGZ

JAGZ Well-Known Member

im downloading sony acid pro 6 to the computer im at to explain how to get them accapellas rollin in time with your tracks. bk in 15minz

4. anabasis

anabasis Member

chop them up in recycle; or failing that work out on what beat of the first bar they come in and keep retriggering them over a beat until you find the right tempo.

5. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

if your using fl studio load them in a slicer

6. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

in fruity....you can choose an option to 'fit to loop' ...that works for me as long as its cut bang onto beat

7. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

bro do it by ear..... best thing mate... that way you will get your own "swing" to the tune..... ill advise cutting up the vocal into 8 bar segments..... then get each 8 bar segment to the right tempo by ear........ not the easiest way... but you will get the most personalised sound out of it.... but if your useless a judging tempo or tempo matching then dont bother..... your better off trying to find the tempo of the original track on the net somewhere...... the accappella ill be the same tempo as the original trak....

8. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh from there you can fidle around with it to get it perfect.....

9. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

^^what he said^^ :thumbsup:

10. Mattix

Mattix Sub Focus anyone?

Couldn't you put the audio file in a sequencing program then match it up with the click track? Failing that, blow on the sample...see what happens!

:orly::orly::orly:

11. evol4276

evol4276 DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!

yea i find it easiest to chop up the sample in incriments and then stretch the samples/replace them and listen by ear

i also like throwing in like a drum beat into the sampler where you can view the waveforms of it at that tempo, and then line up certain "hits" from the vocal to the more obvious snare/kick hits on the drums

12. sampa

sampa ShadowSniper

Ableton Live has a great little function where you can "warp" samples to fit the master tempo. This will only work effectively when you extract short, say 8-16 bar, sections as obviously it's only going to be possible to process short samples to the level of accuracy you desire. If you're using re-wire then it's easy as pie to resample the vocal into cubase or reason and voila. Tweak the transpose as well - then you can play around with the "groove" or "swing" that your vocal achieves.

Hope this helps