How to set up TRAKTOR 2 with roland quad capture - Master and headphones?

unmd

Yo,
I've got a problem with setting up that bullshit, tried everything and just can't do it. I am using roland quad capture and microlabs solo6c plugged into them. 1/2 R and L are the speakers, but I cant see any output for headphones and recording. Couldn't find anything on the net. The only thing I've got at output is 1/2 and 3/4 channels, which are equivalent for the two slots in the back of the interface. How to set up headphones'n'recording for traktor 2? Can bring you some screenshots if necessary.

Which traktor sound card are you using?

What software are you trying to record in?

NI's soundcards can be used with any software to record an audio source through phono.

Which traktor sound card are you using?

What software are you trying to record in?

NI's soundcards can be used with any software to record an audio source through phono.

Previously I've been using virtual dj which is simple to set up - headphones were in built-in soundcart (laptop) and master was at roland quad capture.
Do I need any software to record from Traktor? :)O)

so youre using a roland usb soundcard?

If thats the case, im not surprised it isnt working. NI are closing the software off slowly to outsiders, this includes soundcards.

Your previous software supported bridging the soundcards so you could use both, this one doesnt. You need a better soundcard.

You can record in traktor Pro, its under the REC tab at the top right of the screen near the FX panels. You cant record in traktor le though.

Are you kidding me with the better soundcard? I did not spend 160 quids for that shit not to work with Traktor Pro...
Could you recommend me then a better mixing software that Virtual Dj?
cheers

Are you kidding me with the better soundcard? I did not spend 160 quids for that shit not to work with Traktor Pro..

'Better' was the wrong word, swap that with 'Native Instruments'. The simple fact of the matter is your soundcard is a production soundcard, not a DJ soundcard.
Why would you buy anything other than a NI soundcard for traktor? Especially at that price, you can bag an audio 6 + Tpro2 and control vinyl for just a little more than that. Did someone ill advise you? Or did you just not do your homework?

'Better' was the wrong word, swap that with 'Native Instruments'. The simple fact of the matter is your soundcard is a production soundcard, not a DJ soundcard.
Why would you buy anything other than a NI soundcard for traktor? Especially at that price, you can bag an audio 6 + Tpro2 and control vinyl for just a little more than that. Did someone ill advise you? Or did you just not do your homework?
Well, I didn't consider that I gonna mix tunes in the future, so that's why I chose roland. I just wanted something with best sound quality possible. I will not spend another 250Ł on soundcard, I'm sure of that.
So, are there any other mixing software that will not cause pitched song sound out of rhythm and ability to use two soundcards?

looking at it again, I think you might be able to sort this. Ive looked at images of your soundcard and it appears to have a headphones port. This doesnt appear inside traktors preferences right?
You could setup the 2 rear outputs differently but you'd sacrifice stereo for mono output.
Get a TRS splitter, the kind of jack you use for your monitors. Plug both your monitors into say, out 1L. Now set Out 1R to be the cue channel in your preferences.

Alternatively, if you can see output 3/4 in your traktor preferences you can set that as your cue device. You will need a converter from coax to TRS/headphone jack in though.
Get yourself down maplins.
If you ask the guys there for help, take them with a pinch of salt, they know fuck all and will most likely sell you some sort of hard-drive cooling solution rather than what your actually after ;)

Back
Top Bottom