How to set-up speakers with no mc's coming thru

Dj_Kritikool

ive got pa speakers and active monitors

ive organised for a couple of mc's to do a recording with me

is there anyway i can have the mc's and tunes coming thru the pa speakers and then just the tunes coming thru the monitors for me mixing?

any help on this would be great

thanks

depends what mixer you got i think.
i think if you plug the monitors in the booth monitor output
and the pa speakers in the main output that should work.
let me know

yea use booth if uv got it or maybe try the recording output?

ive got a pioneer djm 600 mixer, the monitors are KRK RP8's and the pa speakers are KAM, not sure of the model, but they are big lol

If your main mixer is your dj one then you might struggle, unless theres a way to send the mic input only to the main out, and connect your monitors to the booth out. If you can get your hands on a small mixing desk then send the main out from that to your Front Of House speakers, plug your mics and Djm main output to the mixing desk, and then use the booth output on the Djm to power the monitors.

The trouble you might have running it all through the DJM is that even though you have seperate level controls for master and booth, they may have the same channels routed to them.

if i had an interface, wold this help?

got a motu 828 mk 2 interface, which i use with my prodction, but can that be using to split the monitors from the mc's?

Yea they can be used stand-alone without a computer I think (have a check of the MOTU website)

I've not used the 828 in a long while, but going on what I can see, if you used the 2 inputs on the front of it for your djm600, you can send the signal out through the send outputs aswel as the main. If you then use the inputs on the back to plug in your mics, (which you'd make sure were only routed to the main out) then you'd have the main signal to send to your FOH speakers, which would consist of the signal from your DJM along with the MC's, and the send out would be purely your DJM, so you'd send that to your monitors.

Hope thats of some use to you, as I say I dont know in detail how to set it up as I havnt used an 828 for a long time, im just going on having a look at it on their site.

Last edited:
thats great mate, i'll have a good look into it and do a few sound checks ect.

but now i kno i can make it work with equipment ive already got, i'll get to work on it

thanks alot mate, very helpful :D

bit of a simple question but here is a picture of the back of my mixer

HomerICF.gif

would I be able to plug this speaker (only 1, will it sound ok?) into the balanced output and run my amp through the master at the same time
here is a picture of the back of the speaker I want

krkrockitwholepicture.jpg

an does any1 know if it will cum wiv the cables n things needed, sweet

Yea as long as you use the balanced input on the krk, you using it just as an extra speaker to what you already have?

Yeah mate, the problem is i like to have a speaker at head height for my mising an I have three speakers around my room as it's quite big so 4 speakers in all, I need my bigger speakers as the main outputs an the mixing speaker as the centre one but my poxy amp only allows me to have 3 speakers going at a time so this seems like the best option for me, will only having the 1 speaker give a balanced output then mate, cheers for the help

Back
Top Bottom