How to set Shakers / Tambourines in Jungle/D'n'b

Hi There!

I am willing to start putting some Jungle and drum'n'bass influence in my productions. Now i've come to analyse these typical shaker/Tambourine sections in so many junggle/D'n'b tracks! How do they do them? ive tried it many times, but it doesnt sound that cool. here an example of a very groovy one:
at 0:30 it starts.. would be so cool if u could help me with that! cause im kind of desperate! It always sounds so tight and groovy with all these uk guys! maybe this is a loop? i dont get it.. so please, help!!!!

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that has a hammer
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Set different velocities for the hits, trying to take some swing to it. Like 100%, 70%, 30%, 100% and so on. Be creative.

thedjnifty

VIP Junglist
Just find an old break that you like the shuffle from, slice it up so you can isolate the shuffle (this may be as little as 2 hits next to eachother), then duplicate the hits (making sure they all line up in sync on 1/8 parts or whatever you're working with) for as much sustained shuffle as you want.

It's all about the original sample / break you use, if you take the shuffle from a break with wicked shuffle, it's pretty much job done as it should already have a nice groove to it with varying velocities / pitch etc.

A good place to start for jungle breaks is here http://www.junglebreaks.co.uk/

Good luck!

Kinda aside from the topic but I was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to create those classic sounding stabs, (that starts at 0:30 as well). The closer I got was using a bird noise and throwing a vocodex on top, but I guess it's a bit of a weird way to approach it ><
Soo yeah, synth ? Sample ? I looked around a bit and couldn't find a good topic that covered it.