How to Send Demo to record Label?

OSVI

Hi there!!!
I have many questions for you, I hope donot forget anything, and if it 'can you please be more
detailed as possible :)
How to Send Demo to record Label?
I can send just 1?
i can send more than 1 track to different labels at the same time?
I can promote tracks before a possible response ?
Should You Always Send a Cover\image?
And for the payment?Do i have to sign a work contract?
what should i write in the email ?

I can send just 1?

You can, but you'll have much better chance of getting a response and a deal if you send in batches of 2 or 4. Most labels release tracks in groups of 2, like an A side and a B side. Or alternatively a group of 4 tracks as an EP

Of course, don't limit yourself to just one label, you need to find what labels are releasing the style of music you are creating for best results. That being said, don't fire them off to every single label under the sun, you need to find a happy medium, I'd suggest around 4 - 6 at a time, send them off, if you don't hear back within a couple of weeks, send them off to some more labels.

Some people post up clips of tracks that are due to be released on a label, but that's something you decide with the label. If you are still searching for a label to sign your stuff, I would highly recommend not going public with the tracks in question, labels are a lot less likely to sign something that has been heard by Joe public

I don't usually bother, Most labels will have an in house designer that deals with all their logo / artwork etc.

And for the payment? Do i have to sign a work contract?

If you are lucky enough to be picked up by a label, they will send out contracts to be signed and returned, binding both parties to a mutual agreement. But in all honesty, I wouldn't expect to get paid for anything unless your tracks go global, there's no money to be made in production, and if that's why you are in the game, then you need to rethink your strategies.

You're on your own on this one, no one can tell you what to do, just be friendly, make sure your grammar is up to par, it wont look very professional if you have spelling mistakes all over the show, on a forum we can be lazy and get away with it, but remember, you are trying to make a good first impression. Maybe give a little insight into yourself, about how you got into production, what your goals are etc etc, and of course your artist name, and track names / genres etc.

I can send just 1?

You can, but you'll have much better chance of getting a response and a deal if you send in batches of 2 or 4. Most labels release tracks in groups of 2, like an A side and a B side. Or alternatively a group of 4 tracks as an EP

Of course, don't limit yourself to just one label, you need to find what labels are releasing the style of music you are creating for best results. That being said, don't fire them off to every single label under the sun, you need to find a happy medium, I'd suggest around 4 - 6 at a time, send them off, if you don't hear back within a couple of weeks, send them off to some more labels.

Some people post up clips of tracks that are due to be released on a label, but that's something you decide with the label. If you are still searching for a label to sign your stuff, I would highly recommend not going public with the tracks in question, labels are a lot less likely to sign something that has been heard by Joe public

I don't usually bother, Most labels will have an in house designer that deals with all their logo / artwork etc.

If you are lucky enough to be picked up by a label, they will send out contracts to be signed and returned, binding both parties to a mutual agreement. But in all honesty, I wouldn't expect to get paid for anything unless your tracks go global, there's no money to be made in production, and if that's why you are in the game, then you need to rethink your strategies.

You're on your own on this one, no one can tell you what to do, just be friendly, make sure your grammar is up to par, it wont look very professional if you have spelling mistakes all over the show, on a forum we can be lazy and get away with it, but remember, you are trying to make a good first impression. Maybe give a little insight into yourself, about how you got into production, what your goals are etc etc, and of course your artist name, and track names / genres etc.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr Fletch again.

- - - Updated - - -

I can send just 1?

Really SUPER Thanks for all your answers !!!
Have read many topics about this but you really help me to understand !!!
BIG UP

Hello!

You can submit your demo to demobucket.com. We have many professional record labels in our database, and you don't have to search for label's email addresses and write messages. Just upload your demo and it will be delivered to all labels. Even new labels, registered after your submission will be able to listen to your track.

I know this is self promotion, but it can be very helpful for producers.

Ellie

Back
Top Bottom