How to sample from youtube?

AlienWeapon

Hey guys theres a couple of Speeches i want to rip from a youtube Video to use in my music apart from notifying the owner of the video how do i go about sampling the speech? I got a yt downloader but not really sure how things go from there...any help or suggestions much appreciated.

You can use Flash Downloader if you have Firefox, or (wish I could spoil it) www.vid2mp3.com. A LOT of other "youtube-to-w/e.com" sites were taken down super quick and some like to try Java exploits, but vid2mp3 is 100% safe and damn reliable, and been around for almost a year (it's a record for those kind of sites).

Don't go blabbing to everyone else about it tho, too much traffic there might alert Youtube/Google and, well,...you know ;)...

If the speeches are well-known, they might also be on archive.org (and license free). Maybe my version of Audacity is too old, but I am unable to "listen" to my sound card and have to use virtual sound cards (pita!).

Maybe my version of Audacity is too old, but I am unable to "listen" to my sound card and have to use virtual sound cards (pita!).

if you're on windows 7

go to control panel > sound > manage audio devices > recording tab > right click on "stereo mix" and enable it.

you should then be able to select "stereo mix" as a recording device in audacity.

If the speeches are well-known, they might also be on archive.org (and license free). Maybe my version of Audacity is too old, but I am unable to "listen" to my sound card and have to use virtual sound cards (pita!).

Are you sure they are license free may I ask?? :)

Back
Top Bottom