How to pallet

Sam Andreas

elderly hippie
VIP Junglist
Your company didn't colour them 🤨

You're just using someone elses colours?

Wtf am i talking about? Pallets ffs.. shut up Mic ... i mean SAM! :-x

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
if anything could bring andew back, this would be it.

the colour coding is new, i remember you had to book what kind of pallet it was when i was doing order managment for a cardboard company,
you had to allocate cardboard to a customer by the pallet, and you had to get the pallet type right, otherwise the forklift couldnt fit the goddamn
cardboard in the consignment, which you had to piece together, like a puzzle, using mainframe software from 1962.

not kidding, it was from 1962 and all the experts and creators of the software were either retired or dead, so there were whole menus you couldnt touch, nobody knew what they did any longer. then they tried to switch systems but it failed. switching systems at work is always suuuuuch a biiiiiiiiitch.

i had a colleauge there called french marie. she was french ethiopian and she wanted to fuck so bad it was unreal.
she tried to fuck me right in front of my girlfriend. she did not care one bit.

couple of years later, at a rockbar in amsterdam called "the cave" i see french marie at a table. its late summer and dark.
im drunk and high as kurt cobain, so run up on here go HAY BABY WASSUP HOE YEEEEAH kiss her on the cheeks, and she gives me a seductive look,
and im not interested in standing around outside, shooting the breeze, so she says something, i say OK BABY TALK LATER YEEEEEEAAH
and haul ass into the place, with another old bitch i had at the time.

looking back at it, french marie was in a wheelchair. and her legs were missing from the knees down. i didnt notice at the time,
because i was so karate, but her legs were gone dude, and i didnt say anything.

from diabetes, ive been told.

cold world for french marie.

anyway colour coded pallets is genius.

bupdunk

The Known Unknown
VIP Junglist
Goods on pallets have to be wrapped properly before they are loaded onto lorries. I once knew this technique.

I'm stating the obvious, but I don't even know if you guys have ever wrapped a pallet.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
They're not colour coded though

They're company coloured

And @Dagz tin pot company has used this

SHUT UP @Sam Andreas YOU FUVKING PEDANTRY LOSER TWAT
easy there cowboy, oh so thats not coded by type, its coded by what company theyre going to?

and its valuable information youre contributing, youre not being loser twat in here, in fact, i think the forum has been surpisingly
without loser twats lately.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Goods on pallets have to be wrapped properly before they are loaded onto lorries. I once knew this technique.

I'm stating the obvious, but I don't even know if you guys have ever wrapped a pallet.
i have! absolutely, you get a roll of plastic, and run around that pallet, or, group of pallets, like a fuuuucking lunatic,
it makes your head spin. but its a part of the job, you load the pallets, then wrap the pallets. ive worked in fish factories, and warehouses,
as you do in your early 20s, when youre out on your own, like a rolling stone.

why do you know how to wrap a pallet?

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Pheasants do that wurk
pheasants is a bird buddy, looks like a chicken. its braindead work, but it pays like mad, and you get your brain to yourself.

i almost perfer it over analytical or admin work, where youre sat still and they tax your mind heavily with the same bullshit all day.

least with physical labour you get your mind to yourself, you can think about other things as the body lifts boxes or soemthing.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Yes, I was one of the original employees at Amazon when they were still just an online bookstore.
ooooh haha i almost wound up a picker. i worked for this biochemical/haematological company once (laboratory) and they had the same deal, warehouses where their orders were put together, much in the same way as early amazon would, i imagine. it was freezing in there, and the work conditions looked rather inhuman.

yet it appealed to me more than the laboratory.

where do you work again, its not the record store still, is it?

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist

It's almost a rite of passage to work in a warehouse. I used to fantasize the 2 story high stacks of washing machines were speaker stacks
Obsessed since 93 I tell you