How to Make Those Deep Pads

Novacore

Hi all,
I've been listening to Deep DnB like the stuff on Fokuz Recordings for a while now and I can't figure out how to make the lush pads some of the producers use in their songs. Does anyone know how? A couple of examples are below.

Appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Yep, I mean synths are good, but there's an excellent way to get this sort of stuff happening and very organically too. It's all about a little free program called Paul Time Stretch. It can technically stretch audio to as much as 60 years. Of course that isn't necessary, but if you stretch audio using this program to a few minutes, you'll be amazed at the sorts of ambient textures you can get. Seriously though this will achieve exactly what you are after. I only started messing with that program recently and it was like a revelation. I mean Cubase has it's own time stretch, but it's it isn't good for this sort of thing. Try also putting basses through it too.

Yep, I mean synths are good, but there's an excellent way to get this sort of stuff happening and very organically too. It's all about a little free program called Paul Time Stretch. It can technically stretch audio to as much as 60 years. Of course that isn't necessary, but if you stretch audio using this program to a few minutes, you'll be amazed at the sorts of ambient textures you can get. Seriously though this will achieve exactly what you are after. I only started messing with that program recently and it was like a revelation. I mean Cubase has it's own time stretch, but it's it isn't good for this sort of thing. Try also putting basses through it too.
Never thought of that, heard about it but never really tried it. Thank you!

I literally went on a stump because I couldnt make pads. Just get a sample you think will sound nice with a fuck ton of reverb and delays then just use volume automation or a sampler to shape it (I find it better if you can automate the volume pre the reverb). +1 on paul stretch

detune saw waves with long attack and release, play a lower chord, automate some reverb and delays, if you feel really funky you make slowly moving filter automations as the sound progresses

I love to use Alchemy or absynth for pads. I also mostly use presets for pads. There are some awesome soundsets for alchemy out there. The Changing Faces tune (which is lovely btw) has a similiar pad as the ones you find in alchemy. The Loz Contreras tune has it's feeling from the jazz loop.
Paul stretch is brilliant too, you can make pretty much every sound to a pad :P

Also a cool idea to make a atmosphere with alchemy and some real world sounds is provided here from Inside Info: http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/t...-how-to-create-an-atmospheric-dnb-pad-601144/
The one he makes is pretty dark but with this idea you can make many different pad sounds.

Logic has space and delay designer. Go on the warped settings and youl get the best pads. You can make drums aswell.

Back
Top Bottom