DnB How to make this synth?

Just some squares or triangles or something, i dont know. Why netsky bass though... whyyyy

Try using either a bunch of saw waves together or fiddle with the Polysaw 1's wave table you may need to layer it with some more saws or something, its the choice of notes/chords that make it special!

With that said, fuck Netsky an these threads! I wish people would bother the producers with these questions!
Next time try using the search function and as welcomed as you are, joining the forum to ask one thing without having googled it beforehand is....

Fuck it, welcome to the forum.....

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

We really need some sort of anti Netsky synth guard system in place.
Maybe a pack of savage wolves...?

Maybe we need a whole section for netsky related things. And we shall call it the preset arena.

Sorry for upsetting so many of you, I was really focusing on the Maduk song to begin with (which is new, released about a month ago), I just threw the Netsky in there as an extra.

Sorry for upsetting so many of you, I was really focusing on the Maduk song to begin with (which is new, released about a month ago), I just threw the Netsky in there as an extra.

Don't worry :) Just the netsky question gets asked allot around here, Maduk has a pretty similar type of bass as you say in your original post. If you search the forum there are a ton of posts on this, maybe even too many as I've just seen there's about 20 million pages of threads come up when you search Netsky bass :)

But to try to help, you already figured a sine wave for sub, you then need the two other oscillators - try them in both saw/squares and polysaws to see what the different combinations sound like as well as changing the wavetable positions and intensities (try the formant and bend modes too if you can't find the sound you're seeking). Personally I like the 'smooth squares' but saws work just as well and are a bit more aggresive too. Detune one oscillator by 7 semitones from the other. Some ring modulation can also add a bit more flavour on the modulation oscillator. Set a slightly longer level attack than default on the amp envelope and also some release, enable monophonic in the voicing section and legato triller in the voices and then add glide to taste in the Oscillator option tab (so that you move smooooooooothly between notes). Put them through a low pass filter (with a subtle lfo attached to give it some wobble) and add (subtle) dimension expander and chorus in the effects. You should be in the right ball park now.....

The next step gets a bit more advanced as imo most of these kind of basses have some stereo and maybe reverb in the higher mids whilst preserving the mono part of the bass in the lower mids. Also I'd prolly add some more subtle distortion/saturation. If interested look up some thread on frequency splitting and applying FX etc. I also prefer Sylenth to make this kind of bass, Massive is a bit too digital sounding to me and imo something a bit more analogue/warm tends to make it sound better.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

I try hard to not troll netskibassthreads but it just can't be done

Back
Top Bottom