How to make this sound (not a question)

modern

Basically making this sound using Massive. You could most likely make it sound better with EQ etc. because it is gritty and messy and dirty and all that good stuff. So here we go. I will upload the patch if TL;DR, lol. (You will need 1.3 though - that's the version compatible with .nmsv :teeth)

Let's do LFO 5 first to start off, just 2 sine waves. That's it. (the 2 S on the side, there is nothing special to the LFO)

Okay, to start turn on all 3 oscs. For your first you will have Modern Talking (yes, I know - overused, but shaddap and sit doon) have it slightly pitched up by .12, intensity all the way up, your WT-position at about.. 10 o'clock, and your AMP at about 2 o'clock and have it running to Filter 1 (that bar just on the right of the AMP knob, turn it all the way up) So you will be looking at something like this, also choose a Macro and set it on Amp and have it come right back to the left, that will give it that less SCSCHSCSHCSHCSH sound, but that more gritty heavy bass sound). Set an LFO 5 on the Amp Knob, and turn it up so the green goes to the left and is just sitting under the A in Amp. Also set one on on the WT-pos so the green goes left again, and just do that a little bit (to your liking)

Now, for OSC 2, you will be selecting Carbon, pitch it down to -12.00 (1 semitone, isn't it?) and go ahead and also set your WT-pos to 10 o'clock. Set an LFO 5 on the WT-pos and just turn it up SLIGHTLY

For OSC 3, just your Square-Saw I, every knob up (to the right) and pitched down -12.14 and have that running to Filter 2, so turn that bar all the way down. Not going to bother with a picture, because that's really it.

Now go to your Modulation OSC, and for Ring Mod, place it on Osc 2 (just click the 2) and have it turned all the way down to the left and also put an LFO 5 on there too, and turn it up to about 11 o'clock. Set phase to Osc 1, and let it just sit in the middle, same applies with position!

For your noise, just white with the amp all the way down to the left (it's pretty much muting it) but with colour on just about 10 o'clock.

Now, for feedback, go ahead and slap Macro 2 on that and turn it up slightly - it adds a very subtle difference to the sound when turned up.

Now for your Inserts - you will be choosing a Parabolic Shaper and a Simple Delay. For the Parabolic Shaper, have the Dry/Wet at about 1 o'clock, and your drive also at 1 o'clock. For your Delay, have the Dry/Wet at about 3 o'clock and your Time just slightly underneath 9 o'clock.

Voicing: 2 Unison, and just Monophonic!

For Filter 1, it will be a Scream Filter, with Cutoff and Scream all the way to the right, and resonance sitting on 11 o'clock.

For Filter 2, choose Daft filter with the Cutoff on 1 o'clock and the resonance all the way down. Have an LFO 5 on it, turn it up so the green goes to the left and the end of it is just under the T at the end of Cut

Have those 2 slide bars on the right of the resonance knobs all the way up, and on the Mix bar, have it slightly down so you can see about.. 3-4 little lines.

Now, for your FX - Dimension Expander and Flanger Negative

Dimension Expander: Dry/Wet to 11 o'clock, Size just left how it is normally. Same deal with the Flanger!

That's about it.. I think! Hope it helps anyone in anyway, I mainly wrote this all out for people who aren't using 1.3 because it is a dirty sound, lol. Thanks for reading, also the link to the preset like promised http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/1895936/file.html :) (to get the wobbly sound, just add an LFO to the cut off on Scream and set it to 12 o'clock)

Edit: I did post photos to make it easier, but damn Imgur wasn't loading through here for me, so that's probably dumbed the quality down in learning it. Oh well, that's my midnight share!

Not really on your subject but im looking for a sound which i dont know what it's called(i can hear it from memory).
It sounds like a scratching record, the one they do in movies where they run the scratch and then go "oh shit".

Anyone know what that is called?

Not really on your subject but im looking for a sound which i dont know what it's called(i can hear it from memory).
It sounds like a scratching record, the one they do in movies where they run the scratch and then go "oh shit".

Anyone know what that is called?

What's the song? I'll give it a go for you, mate.

Back
Top Bottom