HOW to make this FREDV and GRAPHIX style bassline? no search help, no exp help...

W3st

Unsigned DnB Producer
Hey guys, been trying my hand at cleaner synth and bassline production, but cant seem to get my head around certain things, the the bassline in Fred V and Graphix's "Decades" is a fifth, most probably 2 osc saw waves with a bit of hipass and verb, but I cant get it to sound as clean and fit as well in the mix as they do in their song.

Any help would be appreciated! Below is a link to the song:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, this is one of my favorite Fred V. & Grafix tunes–that high synth lead after the drop gets me every time. :)

I think you're spot on with the ingredients in the sense there are some saws–or perhaps a single saw.

I'm thinking it's a combination of perhaps 2 saws–one that is hi passed aggressively and another that has been hi/low passed to reveal just the mid-hi end of the frequencies. I'd send these two sounds to a bus where they would be combined with a a pure sine (with a hint of saturation for warmth/mild grit) to give it that heavy yet clean low end. Throw on either a light compressor or perhaps something like Dada Sausage fattener or PSP Vintage Warmer to really fatten the lot up.

Just my .02.

haha agreed, absolutely love the direction these two are going, and theyre really inspiring me lately to get back on that melodic stuff and away from the brosteppage.

thanks for the help, definitely wouldnt have thought of putting them to a bus channel, so ill give it a shot now, such a great bassline.

cheers!

I met Josh (Grafix) a few weeks ago. I did happen to ask what synths him and fred use. Sylenth and massive are their weapons of choice, so that should be a good place to start, cant help with describing the synthesis as im too hungover atm :)

I met Josh (Grafix) a few weeks ago. I did happen to ask what synths him and fred use. Sylenth and massive are their weapons of choice, so that should be a good place to start, cant help with describing the synthesis as im too hungover atm :)

haha thats so sick, nice one on getting some answers out of them ;) i use massive and zeta and sylenth, im using fab filter plugins and he regular fruity limiter for saturation plus stock compressors. using micro for filtering

Back
Top Bottom