How to make this cut off sound?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey there guys,

Chase & Status - Take Me Away. Massive tune. Sure you all know it. This is slightly different to the album version I beleive but that doesn't matter in this case! There are many examples of the sound but this is one of the most popular example I could think of.

The sound that starts at around 45 seconds in. My knowledge isn't great but imagine this is something to do with a Filter Cutoff?

I am using Massive but the concept should be the same no matter what synth you are using. Just wondering if anyone would like be an absolute babe and give me some tips on how to create a similar sound, or at least give me some pointers on working towards something similar! :)

Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a simple LFO mate, gives it the wobble effect.

Try maybe a square and triangle wave, maybe a saw too. Then attach an LFO to the filter cutoff.

Awesome man thanks, I will give it a go a little later :D

And I assume just change the rate to how I want? Almost as if it was a wobble bass sound I was making

While on topic(well not rly but i didn't wanna make a new thread cuz its a noob question, sorry :D)is this bassline :

just a lowpassed resampled reese, like detuned saws n stuff, maybe with comb filter etc ? I am confuse :confused:

Thats a simple LFO mate, gives it the wobble effect.

Try maybe a square and triangle wave, maybe a saw too. Then attach an LFO to the filter cutoff.

Sounds like it might have just a touch of portomento/glide on it too

While on topic(well not rly but i didn't wanna make a new thread cuz its a noob question, sorry :D)is this bassline :

just a lowpassed resampled reese, like detuned saws n stuff, maybe with comb filter etc ? I am confuse :confused:

Yes,i think you are right,maybe with some sub bass layer added....

Back
Top Bottom