How to make this bassline???

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Edit: I'll put audio up of the bit I want to recreate later...

But I want to know how to make the same bass sound in fruity

Last edited:
erm, id say it was 2 separate notes (both variants of each other, (not wobbles) kinda played like this

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-
- - 2 - -2 - - 2

hard to elplain without showing

it sounds like theres a continuous loop and a stabby loop which comes in on every 3rd one. sounds really shit i know but, erm, thats what i think!

Last edited:
u mean the harsh sound at 0:16?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx9wIhRU4So

u can get this with fm modulation, take a 100 Hz saw, first 3 overtones or lowpass at 400 hz, then modulate the saw carrier with a sine , lower level. Thats what i did in ableton operator. Some sampler have also fm modulation, so bounce a simple clean bass in it an fm mod it. If you have no fm, you could try to modulate the pitch of the saw with an lfo, high rate.

i get a comparable sound with a 60Hz saw4, pitch modulated with a triangle lfo, its rate creates the rhythm, to get the higher tones, automate the pitch to 200Hz with a bell form. Works in Massive, but with fm modulated saw it sounds harsher and better, can use tube fx in massive instead. No single notes in my opinion when u look at the spectrum, to fluent sound.

i get a comparable sound with a 60Hz saw4, pitch modulated with a triangle lfo, its rate creates the rhythm, to get the higher tones, automate the pitch to 200Hz with a bell form. Works in Massive, but with fm modulated saw it sounds harsher and better, can use tube fx in massive instead. No single notes in my opinion when u look at the spectrum, to fluent sound.

I dont have massive would it still be the same to create it using a 3ocx in fruity?

dont have fruity installed, isnt there a fm synth in it? I get a cool sound especially if i only lfo modulate the fm modulator sine, not the saw4 carrier. In Massive i get a comparable sound to this by using tube fx. In the spectrum it looks strongly like a fm synth to me. Problem is to draw the automating pitch envelope for the sporadic higher tones, hard to do by hand and in ableton editor to fit it optimal with the lfo modulated pitch.

This can be better done with something like supercollider afaik, but im not yet deep in it, read alot prof. use this, there u can exactly program how the pitch should rise...

Back
Top Bottom