How to make this bass

Discussion in 'Production' started by GoldenGinge, Oct 7, 2012.

1. GoldenGinge

GoldenGinge Member

Yo guys I'm looking to make the bass from big buds classic tune "a way of life" if anyone has a sample of this that would be wicked. Or if anyone knows how to make it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHfLjYbU30

2. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Nice tune man,

I am no synth expert at all so I'm not sure how useful you will find me but I would suggest a starting block as a square wave or two tuned down by two octaves :)

Doesn't sound like it would be to hard to recreate but I can't put it into words very well haha

3. GoldenGinge

GoldenGinge Member

Yeah it doesn't sound it should be too hard. But I never work with synths ha.

Also, so I don't have to make another thread. I have a question about 808 basslines.

Is there way I can EQ them or something to make them sound ok on crap speakers?

I burnt off a tune of mine to play in a mix recently and the 808 line of the song just sounded really shit and distorted coming out of those speakers. Where as on my headphones it sounds alright.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yeah there is actually, boost it at 500 hz, brings out the punch in it. and of course saturation.

5. Elzerk

Elzerk 00111100 00110011

Can't go wrong wid some saturation, tubedistortion and overdrive, maybe multiband distortions sounds good man.

6. GoldenGinge

GoldenGinge Member

wicked nice. Never messed about with saturation really. Will check it out nice 1 cheers.