How to make this awesome bass?

Im guessing 3 sine waves, amp up on all, maybe detune the first 2 of them to around 20-30 cents each way but have a low intensity on those two otherwise it wont sound good at all, and have them on the formant setting. 3rd osc should just be on the spectrum setting with intensity up, then just eq that shit to fit

Im guessing 3 sine waves, amp up on all, maybe detune the first 2 of them to around 20-30 cents each way but have a low intensity on those two otherwise it wont sound good at all, and have them on the formant setting. 3rd osc should just be on the spectrum setting with intensity up, then just eq that shit to fit

yeah thats basically it. good lil tut man

thanks for that man! that's the basic sound for sure, i have no idea how they got it to sound so "warm" and strong in the mix though!

thanks for that man! that's the basic sound for sure, i have no idea how they got it to sound so "warm" and strong in the mix though!

yeah i've had this problem with basses as well. ive found the plugin Flux Bittersweet II can help a bit...

perhaps an exciter would help? anyone got input on this?

yeah i've had this problem with basses as well. ive found the plugin Flux Bittersweet II can help a bit...

perhaps an exciter would help? anyone got input on this?

Bittersweet II is such an underrated plugin. It's great for over the top compression FX.

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Also try Sugar byte's 'wow' plug-in! And it's free

Where is this free plugin you speak of? On their site they only have copies of Wow for sale only...

if you're using massive
3 saw waves, detuned from each other
1 of them octave higher (-24, -24, -12)
overall detune half way with 0.13-0.20 rate
9 voices
low pass on all oscillators (play with reso too)
you may want to take all this even 1 octave lower
+ some chorus
maybe some lfo movement on cutoff or wavetable position
:)

A single sine wave with a lfo modulated by white noise, EQ and compress till it works, i'm going off worked for me with my basses but the song thats in my sig at the moment there was plenty of scope to make the subbass louder if the grit basses weren't around on top i,e if i was making liquid.

im starting to find massive has this hollow and not very warm sound since using thor more and more, worth using it, i rewire it into logic and its amazing!

LOL! I read this thinking aww shit not another one of these threads! Then I read the first reply and thought hang on...? that sounds familiar.......clicked the link.....o_O

Any of the methods described would do it. Apart from the mentalist adding 9 voices to a detuned noise!!!! haha! That would just need a shit load of unnecessary eq'in to sound decent. Its a pretty simple bassline really, its the signature terrorist reece bass just tweaked slightly.
For this one, there's no chorus on it and its just two detuned sine waves high-passed slightly with a square sub.
Cheers for showin some love! Big up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom