How to make these kind off basslines?

to me bombstep sounds like a massive wavetable, notched, distorted etc and layered with a sub, and another synth playing the bassline at a higher pitch. it's more about how the other sounds compliment the bassline imo

Last edited:
Wow man you are an awesome producer! o_O
it should sound a little bit more electro-ish and some more high-end and mid in my opinion but that's probably caused by the high synth, how did u make that bass and how would you make an accompanying synth to layer it with?
Cheers!

Wow man you are an awesome producer! o_O
it should sound a little bit more electro-ish and some more high-end and mid in my opinion but that's probably caused by the high synth, how did u make that bass and how would you make an accompanying synth to layer it with?
Cheers!
For that clip i just made a square wave first, distorted, compressed, then low passed at about 210Hz to make the sub. Then made this lightly detuned reece thing in massive http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aiqjpy4jtrmqdus then put a phaser, tube distortion, little bit of bitcrusher, little more distortion, then highpassed it at around 30Hz and used an eq with a wide notch at around 1100Hz (still with me? lol). Thats about it! Would be easier to explain if i sent you the project file

You could make the higher pitched layer out of any synth (e.g. in that clip i used massive, didn't get it sounding right tho), just copy the notes of your bassline and put them 2 octaves up.

Back
Top Bottom