DnB How to make that Amoss, Fre4knc, Octane & DLR bass.

BadBreak360

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for tips on how to make Amoss style bass, or anything along the lines of very subby bass sounds.
Specifically looking to figure out how to make hollow bass sounds and sub with subtle harmonic.

Would love to know:
whats synths to use
how process the second oscillator (used for the harmonic)
post processing
anything anyone else can tell me about this sort of thing.

Thanks

Yeah I've seen these.
Helpful, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
It's basically everything in the paid versions I'm after. Haha

Thanks for the reply tho.

errrrrrrr... yes, i think just pay for it in that case. thing is, you dont need any of that shit, you can just use the basic resampling techniques in our warpy bass thread and itll be alright. but you probably want a preset and a big old vsti from rob papen to feed midi.

do you have a tape deck? a mixing console? do you know how to make a basic reece? frequency separation and all that crap? have you read the warpy bass thread. its all you need

errrrrrrr... yes, i think just pay for it in that case. thing is, you dont need any of that shit, you can just use the basic resampling techniques in our warpy bass thread and itll be alright. but you probably want a preset and a big old vsti from rob papen to feed midi.

do you have a tape deck? a mixing console? do you know how to make a basic reece? frequency separation and all that crap? have you read the warpy bass thread. its all you need

I don't have a tape deck or a mixing console. But I can make Reece bass and I know all about frequency separation. I suppose what I'm asking is. In the mid to high frequencys, how do I make that hollow sounding harmonic? I'll post an example after this.

Also what Rob Papen vst would u recommend?

Thanks

I guess it's not the heavly driven reece style bass I'm after.
More like the smooth mids in this.

Could you post a link to the warpy bass thread as well?

Do you have a link to this warpy bass thread mate?

Do you have a link to this warpy bass thread mate?

sure, in fact, i think its stickied, do you know what a sticky thread is? its those threads that are always on top of the page, its true you get kind of blind to them, thats the downside of the sticky function. here, lemme just check if its still threre

yup its tickied, its called how to bassline, but sadly many links are dead, on account of how fucking shit old that thread is, its so old doa has had time to get new software, and us too. there was even a while when we were the only global drum and bass related forum on the web, dnba and doa were both down for a while, strangely though, we didnt do anything with it, i dont know if its cos we keep it underground, were lazy to the point of being harmful to your own best interests, or if it was because we knew theyd be back pretty soon, and you dont want to be caught with your hand in the cookie jar promoting your club outside the other club, not in a country like greece. ffs, that island only has one road and the owner still rides a harley up and down the hill. ''

http://dnbforum.com/threads/dirty-bass-help.32098/#post-161083

but yeah, basically follow all steps in that tutorial, you dont need kontact for it, anything that can play and edit samples will do. what daw are you in? message me if you get stuck, ill try and help, if i can.

Well, that's no fun if someone tells you how to make it =P Sound re-creation is always fun, but can be very challenging. The bass definitely has a envelope filter and or automated filter in order to give it that movement, with a sub layered underneath it. There are multiple ways to get a bass to sound hollow, the best result is using a Vocoder not a Chorus. A chorus essentially gives your sound more voices/ width with out adding actual layers on to it as if you were adding another OSC. As far as a synth.. You'd be surprised that any synth can make that sound, it's all about the post processing that gives you the extra FXs that you want. You should look into synthesis and to better understand how a synth really works in order to achieve what sound you want using any synth. Moog, Sylenth, Massive, etc. They all have the same 4 basic wave shapes which makes up every sound tonally.

yup its tickied, its called how to bassline, but sadly many links are dead, on account of how fucking shit old that thread is, its so old doa has had time to get new software, and us too. there was even a while when we were the only global drum and bass related forum on the web, dnba and doa were both down for a while, strangely though, we didnt do anything with it, i dont know if its cos we keep it underground, were lazy to the point of being harmful to your own best interests, or if it was because we knew theyd be back pretty soon, and you dont want to be caught with your hand in the cookie jar promoting your club outside the other club, not in a country like greece. ffs, that island only has one road and the owner still rides a harley up and down the hill. ''

http://dnbforum.com/threads/dirty-bass-help.32098/#post-161083

but yeah, basically follow all steps in that tutorial, you dont need kontact for it, anything that can play and edit samples will do. what daw are you in? message me if you get stuck, ill try and help, if i can.

Thanks mate they have helped alot.. I'm using fl studio !

Back
Top Bottom