How to make Sub Bass change lower/slide down in pitch?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
I thought the logical thing to do here would have been to automate the pitch. I have done this and it kind of worked :) I wasn't quite satisfied with the result though!

There are loads and loads of examples of this but here is something that springs to mind because I have been listening to it a lot lately:

Just before the Wobble comes in (0.55) you hear the sub do that like slide down in pitch lower thing, how would I go about doing it!? I feel like I should know how to do this by now/been able to work it out!

Cheers

I know you use massive so this'll be easy to explain.......

Go to the voicing tab and set the voicing to "monorotate" then the trigger to "legato triller". Next go to the OSC tab to the left of the voicing tab, turn the pitchbend up, to +24, and down to -24. Then set the time dial to about 3 o'clock.

Now when you write a note in the piano roll, put another note starting at a slightly later time, on the key you want it to pitch up / down to, but so it overlaps in time of the previous note.. Alternatively if you are playing on a midi keyboard, simply hold down one key, then press and hold another...

This will make the original note pitch over time to the second note, you can change the speed in which it pitches using the time dial in the OSC tab,

Thanks for all the replies guys, easy :D

Will get this done next time I load up the DAW/new tune! :)

In FL you just go to "INS" on your plugin of choice, hit "pitch", right click "amount" and create automation clip. Might need to mess with the ASDR curve to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom