How to make neuro basslines the easy way ;)

bhksamples

This tutorial will not show how to create the bass sounds, but it will show how to approach heavy basslines without any automation.

The more snippets you create the more variations you can get in your bassline.

So yeah enjoy the 8 minutes which will change the way you make your basslines, if you don't know this method already.

[video=youtube_share;0ynZGAM1mg0]http://youtu.be/0ynZGAM1mg0[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Forget to mention, works with any synth, sampler and with any DAW !

Not a bad end result, personally I wouldnt call that the easy way, but everyone works differently. And I also dont see how you can say there is no automation in there, when you are clearly recording the movement of your pitch and filter cutoff, which is essentially "automation".

Good job tho man, plenty of neuro bass tuts floating around now, should keep everyone informed for a while!

pretty good tutorial especially as i use reason
but i prefer to get a synth with sound i want and the route it through as many thors as i need
but i will definitely give this a go see what i can do

Not a bad end result, personally I wouldnt call that the easy way, but everyone works differently. And I also dont see how you can say there is no automation in there, when you are clearly recording the movement of your pitch and filter cutoff, which is essentially "automation".

Good job tho man, plenty of neuro bass tuts floating around now, should keep everyone informed for a while!

well, i meant with no automations just without working with automation clips, which needs much more time to get good results, and even more when you want to make it really complex.

- - - Updated - - -

pretty good tutorial especially as i use reason
but i prefer to get a synth with sound i want and the route it through as many thors as i need
but i will definitely give this a go see what i can do

yeah it's up to you if you use samples or your own made synth sounds for this, either is not wrong.

At 1:16 as example you can hear the sample noisia has used to make the machine gun bassline ;)

Haha, first time I've seen a tutorial of someone making a bassline exactly the same way I do, kinda trippy, and definitely gets results you can never get straight from the synth.

Combine Fletch's tut to make the sample and this one to make the bassline = awesome.

yeah it's up to you if you use samples or your own made synth sounds for this, either is not wrong.

At 1:16 as example you can hear the sample noisia has used to make the machine gun bassline ;)

haha i will check that now
i just have a thing were i have to have made my own bass or its not good enuff.lol
but i can always make my own reece the export and resample thru nnxt.:teeth:
im gonna have alot of fun with this shit.

haha i will check that now
i just have a thing were i have to have made my own bass or its not good enuff.lol
but i can always make my own reece the export and resample thru nnxt.:teeth:
im gonna have alot of fun with this shit.

Yeah, bass sounds like from Follow Me are the perfect starting point for this method. Just build up a great big sample library of your own reeces that you can drag into the sampler or daw and you get around the first problem! (y)

True that, tho I always find a certain resistance in myself when I used bass samples. Idk why, it's not different than using drum samples of maybe some chopped up keyboard loop; but I guess it's cuz I feel some obligation to be able to make the bass sounds I want to make otherwise I could find myself limited to the same few sounds rather quickly. Quite the dilemma.

True that, tho I always find a certain resistance in myself when I used bass samples. Idk why, it's not different than using drum samples of maybe some chopped up keyboard loop; but I guess it's cuz I feel some obligation to be able to make the bass sounds I want to make otherwise I could find myself limited to the same few sounds rather quickly. Quite the dilemma.

It's because some people shouting out you can be only real when you make your own bass sounds. And many people, especially those who just starting out, adopt this thinking
Even when you learn to be able to make all the sounds on your own, you won't come up with anything whats not have been made already, there will be always someone who
will say it sounds like this or that sound. Nowadyas you can just shine out with your arrangement skillz. Be open minded when you produce your tracks and use everthing
what can help to improve your productions !

It's because some people shouting out you can be only real when you make your own bass sounds. And many people, especially those who just starting out, adopt this thinking
Even when you learn to be able to make all the sounds on your own, you won't come up with anything whats not have been made already, there will be always someone who
will say it sounds like this or that sound. Nowadyas you can just shine out with your arrangement skillz. Be open minded when you produce your tracks and use everthing
what can help to improve your productions !

Thanks for this, its a really refreshing way of thought. I, as many others have been conditioned into having to make our own bass samples by the few elitists.

Thanks for this, its a really refreshing way of thought. I, as many others have been conditioned into having to make our own bass samples by the few elitists.

The elitists are my best customers ;) So really no worry if you use bass samples or any other samples from packs, almost all do it, they just won't tell you this !

haha i spent so much time figuring reeces out, i cant make any other bass sounds. i guess im ok at making reeces now, i have an emu for that very purpose etc, but there are so many other bass sounds that when i try, they just sound cack, or they become reeces.

Just want to let you know, you can grab all our sample packs 50% off during easter !

This deal expires April 01. So take your chance to grab some fresh samples or to make your illegal copy legal ;)

Just got the email for the easter deal, or if you read the title of the email the EASTERN sale lol. Might have to hit that up!

haha i spent so much time figuring reeces out, i cant make any other bass sounds. i guess im ok at making reeces now, i have an emu for that very purpose etc, but there are so many other bass sounds that when i try, they just sound cack, or they become reeces.

Layer, layer and layer again, don't waste your time with recreating any bass sounds, building up a good library of bass sounds on your own takes years. And maybe they just sound in your ears cack ;)

maybe they just sound in your ears cack.
That is very true some one will like it, that's why I make the shit I do, to keep at least one person happy ha ha

Back
Top Bottom