How to make calibre / alix perez / switch / icicle - like pads? and melodies?

Discussion in 'Production' started by camper182, Apr 6, 2011.

1. camper182

camper182 VANAR

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

you can use anything you want for pads, usually you will use a slow attack, maybe layer up lots of long FX like Reverb, filtering, delays etc, experiment!

3. camper182

camper182 VANAR

but how do i get the right sound? i dont know where to start tbh.... do i use like violin samples or something?

4. felun

felun Member

melanie-sounds like rhodes samples, add wet reverb, bounce, reverse, put in sampler playing backwards

try it with rhodes and pianos

5. camper182

camper182 VANAR

6. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

calibre and alix perez are notorious for their sampling. those guys spend time sampling old tunes to find solid melodies

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

take melanie for example, those sounds at the begining are plucked strings with reverb that have been reversed and sidechained, which he may have written in logic or sampled to start with, but the main melody on piano is for sure sampling at its finest

7. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

most the bods u have mentioned sample. but to mimic the same sounds since your in abelton i know it has heavy timestretchin capabilities so timestretch shit and add huge reverbs on it and use filters to control the movement (and play chords!!!)
    Experiment on different types of noises, all thats been programmed in my mind for pads is huge reverbs and delays whilst playing different chords works a treat.