How to make a good melody in ableton?

camper182

VANAR
How do i make a proper melody with an ableton synth ? or what are some good vst for synth. i have massive but i heard that shouldnt be used for synth but more for basslines... thanks :afro:

you can use Massive for anything, its an awsome powerful synth, used right. tbh as you are starting out it doesnt really matter to much what you use, Massive will do you for both melodies and basslines, pads, whatever you want to throw at it. load it up, plug in your keyboard, and play a few notes, takes time and no one can really tell you how to write a good melody imo, but try chords to start, Major (eg C, E, G) and Minor (eg A, C, E) and play around, have fun!

you need to learn music theory; ex. chord progression and key signatures before you create a melody in any daw.

Biggest pile of fucking bullshit I've ever heard in my life! And you are a tool for saying such a thing!

Most of us on here dont have the slightest idea on music theory or scales and progressions, we write it by ear. And some of us here can actually write some pretty amazing melodies with no musical background.

It's been said before, just use your ears, if it sounds right to you, chances are it probably is right.

you need to learn music theory; ex. chord progression and key signatures before you create a melody in any daw.

This is incorrect mate!!
Before i started producing i never read a note, i never touched a keyboard or instrument... I think some others in here can say that too... If you follow the 'rules', you'll end up with a melody that's already used for 500 times or something. Just mess around till you'll find something that sounds naiizzee!!

Back
Top Bottom