How to make a demo set?

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi guys, Think it's about time i try and get myself out there and record a good demo. I picked the tunes i want put few double drops in there, few teasers. What else can i do? I wanna be more creative so it stands out!

I've been mixing for just over 2 years so im still learning new ticks etc... Also if you rewind track in demo set does that look stupid? Sometimes cant help running out of track time, then mixing the next tune in a mad rush. Starts going off beat, then it's fucked. Less clangs the better.

Thanks for any help :)

its important that you mix fast, nobody want´s to hear the same tune for 4-5min in a mix they´re listening @ home

make a precise tracklist before and play the hole set 1 or 2 times before recording it, it´s maybe boring but you know where to drop in tunes and can focus on beatmatching.

i wouldn´t rewind in a studio set, nearly nobody is dancing to that mix so a rewind is just a interuption, if you know what i mean.

its important that you mix fast, nobody want´s to hear the same tune for 4-5min in a mix they´re listening @ home

make a precise tracklist before and play the hole set 1 or 2 times before recording it, it´s maybe boring but you know where to drop in tunes and can focus on beatmatching.

i wouldn´t rewind in a studio set, nearly nobody is dancing to that mix so a rewind is just a interuption, if you know what i mean.

Cheers for reply. Thats what thought about rewind thing. Get mix tight as possible.

Yeah just practice your mixes a few times before recording.
Rewinding as well is only left for playing out imo.
Even if you're skanking out in your room lol.

If i were to do one at some point, i'd try and stick a whole selection of bits in.
Old, new, inbetween ect...

Just to show that you have teh knowledge of years past.

Yeah just practice your mixes a few times before recording.
Rewinding as well is only left for playing out imo.
Even if you're skanking out in your room lol.

If i were to do one at some point, i'd try and stick a whole selection of bits in.
Old, new, inbetween ect...

Just to show that you have teh knowledge of years past.

Good point. I been using newish tunes. I should dig deeper into my collection. Cheers man.

Back
Top Bottom