how to long nap

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Catsel, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

im sure this is a repost.. fuck it. i got 2hrs till work. gunna try 60mins :teeth:

[​IMG]

:weirdo:

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

I AM FASCINATE

3. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

That's why you feel kinda better when you sleep for 2 hours in a night, rather than 6 hours?

4. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

wrong way round :) 90min cycles, so 6hrs is better than 7 or 8, and 90mins is better than 4...etc

I've been setting my alarm clock in 90minute cycles for years now, it does make a hell of a difference, if you only have 4hrs to cram some sleep in, its best to only sleep 3

its not really about the amount of sleep, its about when you wake up, if you wake up in the middle of a REM cycle, say @ 2hrs, you will feel groggy, but if you wake up @ 1.5hrs, you'll feel 100 times better

5. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Interesting. I may try this as well.

6. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I think this is being overly scientific/splitting hairs tbh. As someone who had massive problems sleeping a few years back about the only thing I noticed was that I could sub divide my sleep into blocks of four hours (a moveable four hours). It was a joy when two of those blocks finally came together to make a full night's sleep.

7. jungle_fever

jungle_fever Well-Known Member

i have 6 hours sleep most nights but when i manage 8 hours sleep i definitely feel better when i wake up. maybe its a subconscious thing though.

- - - Updated - - -

try the sleep cycle alarm clock app. you set an alarm for a certain time and it will wake you up between your 90 minute cycles

8. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

9. Rusket

Rusket Mix an blend

This is very true. It's best to wake up in the lighter stages of NREM sleep. For example, if you want to get up at 7.30, but wake up on your own at 6.30, definitely get up at 6.30, because that extra hour of sleep will put you into deep NREM and waking up will be horrible.

[​IMG]

Sleep is very interesting...

Explanations for sleep anyone? neurogenesis? clearing brain of toxins? skin cell growth? a safe place to sleep in times of evolutionary adaptation?

Why do we sleep? I read that we spend 1/3 of our lives asleep...

10. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

sleep is a strange thing, although given the amount of energy we expend just by existing, its not surprising, but in evolutionary terms, its strange, a critically dangerous time for every animal on the planet! and yet somehow its not dangerous enough to have prevented life existing

- - - Updated - - -

the 6 X 20 minute = 6 REM cycles isn't quite right, a full sleep cycle is 90minutes, sleeping for 2 hrs means waking up in the middle of REM sleep - 15-20 minute nap is not long enough to enter REM sleep, that's why power napping is good, you don't wake up groggy

11. Catsel

on saturday after work. i fell asleep at 3pm. and woke up at 11am sunday.

that was the best seep ive ever had.

proving that waking up every 20mins is bullshit. :weirdo:

12. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

The tin-foil hats you guy's are wearing is what's making you sleep like utter twonk-biscuits, big buttered biscuity twonks

$marty, Moskit and logikz like this.
  13. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

takes me bout an hour to actualy fall asleep when i try to or have to get up earlier than usual

14. Catsel

15. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

I had the same problem, the trick is too cool your body down, our well insulated houses and central heating is the problem! - check out the BBC Horizon episode on sleep and temperature (sorry duno what the name of it is) - but essentially by cooling your body you trigger sleepiness (which is different to tiredness, your brain can still be very active even if you are exhausted); lots of ways to do it, have a hot bath (and then you cool down afterwards), open your windows for an hour before sleeping, drink a very cold drink, strip off and go stand outside in the snow...whatever method works for you. I open up my windows an hour before I goto sleep, works all the time (except when its 25 degrees in the middle of the night sumtimes lol)

16. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Miszt theres something about the name john miszt that makes me want to bust into pseudo ironic shadow demom style mc'ing using the name "john miszt" in a hugely out of context manner in the rhyme for my own childish enjoyment everytime i see it on the screen..

Example:

Goto cancer doctors think they found a cyst, inna corner with the john miszt.

$marty and logikz like this.
  17. logikz

BADMAN! RUNNIN!!

18. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

to be fair that's better than some MC'in I hear

$marty, Moskit and logikz like this.
  19. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Btw i do realise its wholly unfunny & slightly strange that i do this, but i feel better i've shared it with you now.

Before when i did it, it was like sneeking a peek at a family member have a shower n trying to jerk off with a soft dick, just not at all right & a little cteepy...

Ps.

Dress up as a car & have the gear stick as my schlong, hold tight the miszt yes that a john.

logikz likes this.
  20. logikz

your mc posts about john misdzt are pretty confusing, but the concept is epic, even if you wear a jeans jacket with popped collar and skinny jeans. but seriously, doesnt it feel better to talk about it. just get it out there, see how she handles. put her on the bus, see if she gets off at walltreet.