How to increase sales?

Dj Taga

Hi to all.! I have a lot of releases on beatport, is there any way of promotion which could increase sales?

If you're after a quick way to make money you're in the wrong game and definately the wrong genre mate.

All you can do is get your music heard by as many people as possible and hope that if people like your tune they will buy it.
I would reccomend passing it out to local djs and people who ask for tracks for their radio shows. Do not however, spam the shit out of forums, peoples mailboxes etc... asking people to buy the track as this will more than likely put people off even listening to your track.

also, i havent heard your stuff but i reckon it's probably a good idea to take most of your tracks off and just focus on a couple

that way you're not dividing your time/energy and your inferior tracks wont make you look bad

From what i gather, releasing tunes on sites like Beatport is a waste of time, especially if your pretty much unknown. And they take too much of the money and sales are tiny anyway.

I've heard some pro producers talking about that 90% of their sales come from Facebook and Twitter so i would say the best thing to do is build up a nice little fanbase on those sites then set up an online store linked to Facebook/Twitter where people can buy your tunes, where the artist takes 100% of the money. Although you will have to pay a little for the online store tho.

Last edited:
you can buy adverts on facebook.
or go to sites like reverbnation where they are more geared up for promotion.
but you'll have to pay for the premium services.
its all about getting your name known - why would people pay for something they never heard of.
Maybe go to events more - get friendly with dj,s promoters. get involved in your local scene or whatever.
Or just fork out a load of cash on adverts and spam the crap outa every one - basically whore yourself to the max.

post on a forum saying you dont get many sales

that usually gives people the impression your tracks are worth buying.

This is more jokes then the dub phizix tune give away. Seriously... "Can you tell me some dnb radios" you obviously don't care about dnb. Nothing comes from nothing :uberlaugh

Back
Top Bottom