How to get this sound?

its called trial an error if u need to be told strait away ur pathetic!
sorry to get all arsey but ive bin usin reason for ages an wen i hear a noise i like i dont ask for help i just hav a go.
but that just me!lol

Last edited:
Without trying to sound like an arse back, i guessed it would be obvious that i have already tried, several times may i add. I just can't seem to get that type of sound.

I mean its obviously easy for you to come in here and bash, shame you couldn't just help. Im obviously not a production GOD like you.

No offence though mate. Just how you come across.

turn the second knob to the left then change the lfo to 489 then when u get the audio file layer it 100 times and put a auto filter on it with play with the rate and shit

should be perfect

Im guessing i won't be recieving a straight answer.

Thanks for the help, it was well informative.

these replies are nothing compared to what you would get from dubstepforum lol.

just turn the lfo amplitide up....also it doesnt sound like a straight sine wave

Thanks guys, the advice today has been miles better. Ive been messing round with massive this morning and its getting closer but still some way off.

I will definately try the dubstep forums though first.

Thanks again.

i think you misunderstood me, all you will get at dubstepforum is a bunch of alpacas.

youve been warned

When i make a wobbly bass there is alot less difference between the 2 ends of filter range if you understand?

your lfo isnt broad enough.... i cant tell you how to fix it as i dont know what your using but have a look by the lfo settings... there may be a knob called "range" (or something along those lines) play with that

as for the bass sound its self.... i have made something simular on z3ta plus.... its a combo of different wave shapes (the most prominent being z3ta's "disto1" shape, overdriven and then "decimated" a touch.... its the decimator that really gives it the character like the bass in that track

your lfo isnt broad enough.... i cant tell you how to fix it as i dont know what your using but have a look by the lfo settings... there may be a knob called "range" (or something along those lines) play with that

as for the bass sound its self.... i have made something simular on z3ta plus.... its a combo of different wave shapes (the most prominent being z3ta's "disto1" shape, overdriven and then "decimated" a touch.... its the decimator that really gives it the character like the bass in that track

I don't have that synth mate, would you reccommend it?

Atm i have Reason and Massive. Any ideas on a starting point for me there?

I have more or less solved the lfo problem in Massive, still can't get the wider range using thor in reason though yet.

O and as for the dubstep forum, they have been pretty helpful up to now.

rusko uses albino3. good synth kit but you can make good slices of wobble in massive

like the guys say, its all about thick lfo's and multiple octaves (-12, 0, 12, 24) then cutoff lfo

^ saying that, you can make good wobble with 3osc in fruityloops. lfo is all there for you inside 3osc

Back
Top Bottom