How to get this sound...

ChestOr

I've heard that tune yesterday and need some advice, how to get that "Lead" thing, that starts at about 1:00 min.

I actually work with Ableton Live 8 Suite...and it would be nice to create that Sound, just using the standard Ableton Plugins, like Operator, ANalog etc.
The thing which is more important to me, are those "Tone Bendings" within that sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3EUtreBl0

The bend is from the portamento settings. Not sure exactly the waves used, but sounds like one of the oscillators is 7 semitones up (possibly an octave as well in this case)

Edit: actually I'm not sure on the interval. If I work it out tomorrow I'll let you know.

Last edited:
I do believe you are after this...

You're welcome. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, yeah it's root note F, then an octave an 4 semitones up. Plus another one an octave up?

Well, didn't want to start a new thread, got a new request...

How do i get that Bass sound in Ableton, which is introduced between 0:05-0:10 sec.?
Don't know if the higher sound is the same as the lower tone at the end of that part...

Got that Sample in my Library which is called "grinder", which sounds pretty much like this, but putting it into the Sampler and making different pitched tones out of it, isn't really satisfying...it isn't that deep and powerful as well, some lack of low Freqs in that sample...

Then, I still didn't find out how to make a nice Slide-Bass in Ableton (you know, one tone slowly slides into another), I just find those "Glide" Settings there, but it does not create the effect I am looking for.

I do believe you are after this...

You're welcome. :)

did you do this? its all you need to do. as for the pendularm bass, its a filtered reece, which we have a sticky on how to make, the dirty bassline exchange thread, with lots of different ideas, cos there are as many ways to go about it as there are producers.

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

Well, didn't want to start a new thread, got a new request...

How do i get that Bass sound in Ableton, which is introduced between 0:05-0:10 sec.?
Don't know if the higher sound is the same as the lower tone at the end of that part...

Got that Sample in my Library which is called "grinder", which sounds pretty much like this, but putting it into the Sampler and making different pitched tones out of it, isn't really satisfying...it isn't that deep and powerful as well, some lack of low Freqs in that sample...

Then, I still didn't find out how to make a nice Slide-Bass in Ableton (you know, one tone slowly slides into another), I just find those "Glide" Settings there, but it does not create the effect I am looking for.

t hat rock scream is awesome

Yeah, tried that Bodyrox Sound few days ago, but the thing is here that the Tone just glides in, when the Note starts.
When I change the length of the notes it doesn't create that slide effect that I'm looking for...actually it slides then, but still the following notes have much Attack in it, sounds a little bit weird.

I remember that it was really easy to do that effect in FL, just changing the Polyphony Settings to one Voice (dont remember too well, how the Setting was called) and playing around with the slide knob...

The other point, thx...gonna check out the STicky^^

Back
Top Bottom