How to get into producing?

barnesy00

DJZeroZero
VIP Junglist
I have never done any producing but i would love to get into it, i was wondering how all the members here got into it. Also is there any good courses that i can take in the UK that will put me in the right direction?

i got into it by dj'in, got pissed off with what i was hearin and wanted to make my own! lol

Im self taught/picked up alot of stuff of fellow producer mates. One of my mates went on a course an it really shows just go to any college an see there music technology courses???

I have never done any producing but i would love to get into it, i was wondering how all the members here got into it. Also is there any good courses that i can take in the UK that will put me in the right direction?

Strictly you dont have to take classes, you can teach yourself mate. you can try diffrent demos to see what program you prefer and there are a lot of free vst's and stuff all over the net.

i got into it cos of my brother he did music tech then i just started meesin around on his programs an stuff.
gonna go do music tech this year tho.

first played this game on the psone called music which was just loops n a sequencer, quite fun. couple of years ago a mate suggested fruity loops, used that for a while and didnt get anywhere, then got a copy of reason and just rinsed it up pretty much everyday, 2 weeks ago, got my first set of decks - and now blowing ridiculous moneys on vinyl!

A friend of mine was usin' Reason, so i got a copy for myself...been self-taught, with tips here and there from people that have been doin' it longer, etc..usually just listenin' to tunes, you can kinda "study" the sound as for inspiration and ideas that can lead to other ideas, etc..I have musicians in the family, and I play the bass guitar as well, so the music side of me has always been there..just love bass/basslines so much it steered me in the direction of what I wanted to produce...pz

In your opinions:

FL Studio, Reason, Cubase or Logic Pro?

I've always been a fan of Reason...I tried FL before, as I know someone who uses it, and I didn't like the "feel" of it compared to Reason which i was already using...I haven't tried to use Cubase or Logic Pro, but I think more people I know use Cubase from what it seems...pz

Same for me really, I use Reason and have previously used FL Studio. FL just seems a bit too easy to use whereas Reason is quite complex and varies on what you can do. I might have a go at Cubase sometime though as people do say it is good.

first played this game on the psone called music which was just loops n a sequencer, quite fun. couple of years ago a mate suggested fruity loops, used that for a while and didnt get anywhere, then got a copy of reason and just rinsed it up pretty much everyday, 2 weeks ago, got my first set of decks - and now blowing ridiculous moneys on vinyl!

oh yeah i used music on psone before anything!lol it was sick

Same for me really, I use Reason and have previously used FL Studio. FL just seems a bit too easy to use whereas Reason is quite complex and varies on what you can do. I might have a go at Cubase sometime though as people do say it is good.

There are some hardcore FL fans out there who are anit-Reason, and vice versa...I've tried tellin' people usin' FL to try out Reason, but they didn't want to try..

music 2000 on the ps1! lol that was jokes!

Im the complete opposite to d-tektiv, i used reason switched to fl an now seein as fl cant handle anything im thinkin about goin bak to reason, ideally ide like to stick wiv fruity might start usin cubase with it, cubase is a great program but only takes audio u cant make anythin in it really, its just good for mixdowns and processing a tune.
Logic is completly retarded last time i used it i was really lost, an a mate of mine who went to do a college course was lost wen i asked him to do a simple task which was to duplicate an oscillator??? Ridiculous program, dont understand the hype about it, all thats good are the presets an thats probably why ppl bum it so much. I prefer to make everythin from scratch including drums, as we have recorded our mate who's a drummer.

I Loved Djing and found that you had to produce and have a good name to get any decent gigs. So i started to make beats with Litta

i got him into DnB and DJing, he then in turn got me into production

match made in heaven

i got into it by dj'in, got pissed off with what i was hearin and wanted to make my own! lol

Im self taught/picked up alot of stuff of fellow producer mates. One of my mates went on a course an it really shows just go to any college an see there music technology courses???

yer ive been djing about a year now and i would like to get into producing but dont really know where to start, i used cubase in school for music but its not really for makin tunes. Gonna give reason a try.

hahah yes bruv. i feel like i got a hole in my wallet

Finished school, wanted to go to college, loved music, took the Music Tech national diploma course, mingled with a bunch of music heads, got free software, innovated, created and masturbated.

Finished school, wanted to go to college, loved music, took the Music Tech national diploma course, mingled with a bunch of music heads, got free software, innovated, created and masturbated.

Is that the best course to take, where did you take it?

Back
Top Bottom