How to do good trancy synth in Reason

Oh btw i dunno ne thing about Reason, but whatever sounds ur using can be made more trancy by adding reverb/chorus/delay. Of course u probly knew that ne way. Try using an arpeggiator. And experiment with different filters (preferably high pass type of filters). Maybe flangers too, just alot of effects i guess. Hope that helped.

IMO zeta is only good 4 synth's....but i know of pro producers who can get wicked basslines out of it.

I downloaded the demo for z3ta and nicked sum samples from it, but havent done much experimenting with ne bass or ne thing really bcuz it totally butchers my cpu, i really need to upgrade my shit lol. But the sounds that come with z3ta are pretty cool tho.

Z3ta's cool, its pretty easy except for the modulation section, but then I havent really tried to use that.

It has 6 oscillators which is why I like it.

As for doing this in Reason, use a subtractor with 2 sawtooth waves at 3 octaves, a notch or bandpass filter with the cutoff assinged to an lfo, send the output to a Unison, then a Delay (set to 3 steps or so) and a Chorus unit (just experiment). Thats a start anyway, just play with that, or flick through some presets and remember whcih bits you liked and recreate them.

Andydextruss said:
Z3ta's cool, its pretty easy except for the modulation section, but then I havent really tried to use that.

It has 6 oscillators which is why I like it.

As for doing this in Reason, use a subtractor with 2 sawtooth waves at 3 octaves, a notch or bandpass filter with the cutoff assinged to an lfo, send the output to a Unison, then a Delay (set to 3 steps or so) and a Chorus unit (just experiment). Thats a start anyway, just play with that, or flick through some presets and remember whcih bits you liked and recreate them.

Can't u do some sample file in reason format for meh?

shdw said:
Can't u do some sample file in reason format for meh?

BTW, I havent listened to the examples given, this is just a trance like synth, as in normal trance, but it sounds kinda nice. I used it and changed most of the settings and got a nice reese out of it.

If I get round to listening to the examples again and I can make the sounds well I'll post another demo.

Attachments

• supersaw.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom