How to develop a Drum & Bass scene in a city where there isn't any

^^^^ that.

try to do free open airs in the summer aswell, flyer them as much as you can do, maybe offer limited free drinks aswell.

and dont play current value/donny stuff, you have to get them into, not thinking "wtf is that?"

Lol, my favorite style of DNB is the pots and pans clangy stuff. However, if you played that for people that didn't know much about dnb, you would clear the room quick. That style is def. an acquired taste. I would play various stlyles across the board and even play a little liquid. I can't believe I just recommended liquid.

and dont play current value/donny stuff, you have to get them into, not thinking "wtf is that?"

this is why dnb in the US has been such a fail imo.

I wouldn't say drum and bass in the US is a total fail. Obviously, it isn't as good as the UK. I used to live in Los Angeles and the scene out their is strong. Baltimore and Atlanta also has a good scene. I think the various electronic forms of music gets classified as "dance" and that is where you lose people. If people just think of it as music, than they might give it more of a chance. I used to be a rock and rap guy and before I knew anything about electronic music, I thought it was gay. Obviously, I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom